WINTER OF NOVEMBER

November Night. It was an arrival of winter season. There was a grand party in a hotel organised by the owner of the hotel for its 11th establishment anniversary. A forty year old bald man came to the soft drink counter and asked for the same. The bartender poured him a half glass of drink.

The bald man was about to hold the glass but the bartender handed over him an envelope. He opened the envelope from which he took our four photographs seeing which he was baffled as if he knew something about them. The photographs contained the pictures of four girls of around sixteen to twenty years old.

" You haven't expected such a surprise in this crowded party, Mr. Ranganath(the bald man). Isn't it? "
A male voice came from his back.

Ranganath (the bald man) turned left and saw a twenty one year old boy who was having soft drink at the same counter. He was around five feet six inches tall. He had worn a black tuxedo, black shoes, square framed spectacles and a wrist watch with green dial. The twenty one year old boy was an 'EYE' operative who was codenamed as the 'INTROVERT'.

Mr. Ranganath said " I was expecting someone else but not a kid. Don't you go to your classes? "

The INTROVERT replied "You've been exposed Mr. Ranganath. The four girls have been rescued from the trafficking gang. They have recognized you as the kidnapper and now you are our key element to bust the entire ring."

Mr. Ranganath asked " What if I denies? "

The Introvert replied " Look around you. There are a number of uninvited guests here. They are not here to have a soft drink with you."

He described the position of the suspects " 11 o' clock, brown leather jacket, bald headed, early 30s, five feet seven inches tall. Second one at the left corner who is holding a wine glass in his left hand. He is looking right at you. Third one, white tuxedo, brown hair, late 20s, around five feet away from the second soft drink counter. "

Mr. Ranganath looked around and suspected some men who were there to kill him.

The Introvert continued " They belongs to the trafficking ring. They have sent the men to kill you so that they couldn't be exposed. Choice is yours. Whether I'll leave you here and the hungry wolves would hunt their prey or walk out of the hotel with me to keep yourself safe. "

Ranganath sighs and replied " I think I should leave with you. It would be better than to remain among the wolves. "

Introvert and Ranganath began to walk together. The tuxedo man was about to attack him with a knife but the Introvert held his hand, twisted and get the knife stabbed into his chest which killed the tuxedo man immediately.

Another man appeared before them who was about to shoot them. Introvert pulled out the knife from the dead tuxedo man's chest and threw it to the man with gun. The gun man was killed after the knife got across his throat.

They walked out of the room to the corridor where a couple of men appeared with guns. Introvert took out his Glock 17 and shot them twice. They went downstairs where Introvert fought a man on the landing of the stairs, rammed him to the wall and knocked him on his knee twice with a punch.

He kicked the man who fell from the stairs. On the ground floor he shot the man on his head twice.

They walked out of the hotel together. The Introvert asked Ranganath to sit inside a Black car. He sat in but in the meantime an SUV arrived near the parking lot. Three gunmen walked out of the SUV who began to shoot at him. The Introvert sat on the driver's seat quickly and reversed the car. He rammed the SUV and geared up to escape them.

The goons got inside the SUV and began to chase the black car. The goons fired at the car with their sub machine guns and broke the windows and rear mirrors of the car. Introvert took a sharp left turn to dodge them and continued to drive at 80kph on the local highway.
He saw a multilevel flyover on which a heavy loaded truck was going on. He drove the car to the flyover. He began to dodge the truck which lead the driver to loose his control. The chasing SUV got rammed into the wagon of the truck and flipped and fell of the bridge.

Introvert drove the car to the end of the road where a 4X4 van(which belonged to the 'EYE') was parked.

A team of three 'EYE' operatives walked out of the van which was headed by the 'TOPMOST' who was in his early thirties. They tranquillized Ranganath and transferred him to the van. The Introvert walked out of the car with his college bag.

Topmost asked him " Shall I drop you to the home? "

He replied " No it's just eight blocks away. "

He visited a bakery from where he bought a cold drink can and two chocolates.

He arrived at his home which was located in a middle class area. His house had a small garden attached to the car parking. His sister opened the main gate as she knew about his arrival. He gave her the chocolates which brought a smile on her face. His sister was twelve years old and used to study in a private school.

In the house, he removed his glasses and wrist watch and kept them on the table.

His mother asked him " Why you are late today? "

He replied " I couldn't get the bus on time. I had to hitch a ride. "

" What? How many times I have warned you not to hitch a ride at night. "

His sister murmured " Six times. "

He answered " I would have been more late today if hadn't hitch the ride. "

The introvert had to lie her as his family didn't know about his profession as 'EYE' operative.

His father came downstairs and rudely told her " He is a grown up now. He knows the world. "

The family had dinner together on the dining table. Introvert was sitting adjacent to his father.

His father asked " For a long time I had a question in my mind. What have you decided? "

The introvert replied " I am preparing for my exams right now. "

The father asked " What exams? "

The introvert answered " Semesters. They are about to start next month. "

The father asked " I am asking about your future. Are you preparing for something else? "

His mother interrupted " We once had a conversation about MBA. He has to prepare for the CAT. "

His father asked " Are you sure about the MBA? "

He said " I'm a bit confused. By next I will finish my M. Com. Then what would be the sense for pursuing MBA if I would already have a Masters degree. "

His father said " You have already dropped the Chartered Accountancy last year. I had asked you to work on your alternative carrier. "

His mother interrupted " He is also preparing for central government jobs. Last week he appeared in one of them. "

His father said him " Clear your mind son. You are twenty one now. Try to have a secure job by twenty five. I won't be always here to feed you. "