chapter 34: deathly hallows

-Felicity-

Andrea opens the tea cupboard, "Should we take some of these back to school?"

The train leaves in an hour and a half but, we wont be taking the train. Narcissa has deemed it "unsafe".

"Take like a box or two." I sit on the table watching her pick through boxes.

We turn at the sound of a knock. Draco closes the door behind him.

"Before we go back to school, tell me. Who are writing to?"

Andrea shuts the cupboard and looks at me uneasily.

"No one you would care about." Not technically a lie.

"Just...tell me okay?"

"Draco if she doesn't want to tell you, don't push it." She glares at him from the other side of the table.

"Andrea for once, please be quiet." He runs his hands through his hair. "I don't know what you're doing, but I do know you aren't writing 'love letters'. You're being stupid, you're gonna fuck something up."

"Draco..."

"I don't want you getting hurt. Don't be stupid."

And with that he turns and leaves.

"Well, I only wanted to get tea but it seems I was in for a lot more than that."

"Andrea shut up."

She just smiles at me, so I throw a box of tea packets at her head.

She catches it before putting it in her bag and tossing her bag over her shoulder, "Let's go."

The large group of us stands in the dining room waiting for Narcissa.

"I just finished speaking to Snape, there will be a minute gap for us to apperate back to Hogwarts." She looks at her watch, "Gather round."

Everyone grabs each others hands, a cold hand grabs mine. Draco avoids eye contact but grips my hand tightly.

The world warps, pressing me from all sides, until i'm standing in Snape's office.

Andrea is leaning on Theo. Her face is pale. I'm used to apperation by now, I forgot how bad it is the first few times.

Snape stands in the corner, "Welcome back..."

Narcissa kisses Draco's head, he flushes with embarrassment. She sends us down to the Slytherin dungeons.

"I can't believe how many kids are gone, it's like half of what was here before the holidays." Blaise is right, the normally bustling hallways and common rooms are empty.

Not really a home anymore.

"More room for us." Theo sighs and falls onto the couches. "Blaise, bring me the finest wine and cheese, Andrea dear would you massage my feet?"

Draco just hops on the other couch, "Sounds great! Felicity, you'll do me right?"

His eyes widen when he realizes what he says, and so do mine, and Andrea's, and Blaise's, and Theo's.

"Damn Draco, you're asking a lot from me. But... I think thats more your job." I give him a wink.

Everyone's eyes widen once again and they burst out laughing.

It may not be homey but even the air feels lighter here than at the Manor.

"God, it's only been two weeks but it feels like we've been gone for forever." Andrea glances around the common room.