Chapter 24

LEXA POV 

I wake up to find our positions has miraculously stayed the same overnight, with Clarke resting her head on my chest. I don't wake her yet, observing that the sun has only just begun to rise. After all, she looks so at peace when she sleeps. I stroke her golden locks gently, so gently as to not wake her up. I smile at her face, her nose crinkling occasionally. It is official. I am weak. Love is weakness. And God, if that means caring about Clarke every moment of every day, wanting to spend time with her every moment of every day, then I am weak. So very weak. But love is strong, surely. Love with all its glory could not be as harmful as it is portrayed. But I am still unsure. I have sworn to protect my people, to be strong for them, but I also have an unspoken duty to Clarke, one that I don't consider to be weak. 

"Anya, I need you, I- I love her and I do not know what to do," I whisper, needing Anya more than ever. While I was her second, she also played the big sister I never had. I feel Clarke wriggle beneath me and I pray she didn't hear me. I may love her but she doesn't need that pressure right now. 

"Hey, Lex," She whispers smiling.

"Hi Clarke," I answer, returning the smile.

"Can we ride together on the trip to Arkadia?" She asks as I pull the blanket up to cover her more.

"Of course, but why?" I reply.

"Well because I want to be with my girl, is that too much to ask?" She answers, teasingly.

"Your girl?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Well only-" She starts before I let out a small laugh.

"No, I am yours, as you are mine," I assure her, "But kom op ona, we have to meet Lincoln and Octavia." [Come on,]

Her arms outstretched, allowing me to pick her up, much to her surprise. She pretends to glare at me before putting her clothes on. Somehow, I find more of my clothes in her room, which I have no idea as to how they got there. She leads me out of the door, once again, hand in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLARKE POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexa and I finally make our way outside, after quickly stopping to get food, only to find Octavia pacing madly outside. I release Lexa's hand and I go to steady Octavia. 

"O, I'm here, what is it?" I ask her, my grip on her shoulders.

"There's news from Arkadia, Raven radioed in just before, Lincoln's talking to her now," She explains as I glance to Lexa but it seems she's just as clueless as we are. Suddenly Lincoln emerges, looking quite distressed, to say the least. 

"Lexa, Clarke you're here," He states obviously while going to comfort Octavia.

"Lincoln what has happened?" Lexa questions.

"There was an attack on a Trikru Village, a rebel group from Skaikru threw grenades into the village," He answers, pausing to take a deep breath, "It was your parents' village Lexa."

I feel her body tense beside me, "Did they... get to safety?" She asks, knowing she really was asking if they were alive.

"They tried, they got further than the rest but... your dad's in a coma and they're both at Arkadia, I'm so sorry," Lincoln answered carefully, studying Lexa's face.

"I- I left something inside, I will only be a second," Her face turns blank, as she hurries away without another word.

"I'm sorry, I have to-" I'm cut short by both Octavia and Lincoln waving me off, both giving me knowing looks. I run after Lexa, following her into her room. I enter and see her pacing around the room. She angrily swipes all of her maps onto the ground.