Bellatrix

Estella leaned against the doorframe, trying unsuccessfully to break the lock for the millionth time. Slamming her head against the wood, she eyed the plate next to her. It contained a few crusts of bread.

"You can have it," she looked at Luna, whose eyes gleamed hungerily.

"Thank you," the girl whispered, her voice light. She turned to face Ollivander, offering him a piece.

"Thanks dear," the old wandmaker murmured.

Estella looked at him with worry. Starvation had been hard on the man and it seemed like the Death Eaters gave them less food every day.

After Bellatrix had found her in the forest, she had disapparated with Estella and thrown into the dungeons of the Malfoy Manor. For some reason, her mother seemed to have not told Voldemort that she had found her. In the meantime, Estella had managed to survive alongside Luna, Ollivander, and Griphook.

She looked at the goblin in distaste. She still didn't trust him.

"Well we can't be in here for much longer," Luna looked up, hope laced in her tone. "No cage lasts forever."

Estella offered a small smile, trying to ignore the heat behind her eyes.

"You're doing it again," Luna said simply.

Estella sighed and pressed her palms towards her eyes. The power was getting harder and harder to suppress.

Suddenly, a commotion could be heard from above. Estella looked up at the top of the stairs. "Ron?"

"Penny?" Harry struggled under the grasp of a Death Eater as he was thrown onto the stone.

"She's got Hermione," Ron's eyes were wide with fear.

Estella felt a stab of panic. No.

Without thinking, she dodged past the Death Eater's arm and up the stairs. Upon entering the drawing room, she saw Bellatrix sitting on Hermione, her knife raised.

"No!" she cried, rushing forward. The blade grazed her arm as she tackled Bellatrix, knocking it from her hand.

"ESTELLA?" her mother hissed. "What are you doing?"

Estella held out her hand. "Finally choosing a side." She waved rapidly, sending a streak of purple fire. Hermione lay on the floor, trembling.

Bellatrix's eyes hardened. "So be it." She grabbed her dagger from where it lay at her side. "I see time downstairs didn't help you."

"REDUCTO!" Estella flicked her hand as Bellatrix dove out of the way.

"Crucio!"

Estella narrowly missed the curse as she twisted behind an iron statue. Spots appeared behind her eyes and she shook her head. She needed a wand.

"Imperio!" Her mother appeared from around the corner, smiling evilly. "Maybe I have to play dirty."

Estella held up her hands, deflecting the curse. It soared into the wall, causing the marble to shatter.

Bellatrix narrowed her eyes. "You don't deserve the Dark Lord's power." She lunged forward, grasping Estella's robes. "Why wasn't I chosen?"

Estella swallowed as her mother's nails dug into her throat. "It's..a..c.curse." she spat

"ENOUGH!" Harry sprinted into the room, wand raised. Ron ran over to Hermione, helping her up.

"Well, well, well," Lucius Malfoy stepped out of the shadows. "If it isn't our beloved Potter." His face was twisted in a sneer.

"Where's Draco," Estella spluttered, still in Bellatrix's hold, whipping around. "Tracy?"

"Right here," Draco stepped into the light.

Ron let out a snarl as Harry stepped forward. "Traitor."

"I've got to look out for my own," Draco shrugged. "You are fools."

Estella felt a wave of horror. Turning her head, she noticed a figure positioned behind the door. Tracy put a finger to her lips, motioning for her to be quiet.

"My son sees reason," Lucius strode forward. "Why won't you?"

"Drop your wand," Bellatrix hissed, drawing her dagger against Estella's throat. "Now."

"NO!" Estella shook her head. "Harry, don't.."

The boy dropped his wand and Bellatrix smirked. "Too bad she has to die anyways." She tossed Estella on the ground. Estella lay, trying to remain motionless.

"Now that one," her mother nodded towards Hermione. "Greyback's been hungry lately."

Estella panicked as Bellatrix rolled up her sleeve, revealing the black tattoo. "The Dark Lord will be only too pleased.

Harry let out a cry of pain, grabbing his forehead as Bellatrix pressed a dirty fingernail into her skin.

Estella summoned the last bit of strength she had left and grabbed the dagger from her mother's grasp. Her mother kicked her in the head and she fell back on the floor, her vision dark.

"Penny!" Harry's voice echoed dimly in her head as everything went black.