Chapter 11

(Hinata POV)

**THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS: PANIC ATTACK AND VAGUE MENTIONS OF PAST SEXUAL ABUSE.

THIS IS A TRIGGER WARNING FOR THAT MAY BE TRIGGERED EASILY FOR THIS CHAPTER. I RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU DO GET TRIGGERED EASILY AND WISH TO CONTINUE THIS STORY TO SKIP TO THE INDICATED SPOT IN THE CHAPTER AND READ THE INDESCRIPT OVERVIEW THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE AUTHOR NOTES.**

The cool air of the apartment building's lobby did little to abate my heated skin despite the slick layer of sweat that covered it. My entire body shook quite drastically, intriguing a few worried eyes to observe as I entered the elevator. I was numbly able to push my floor number on the keypad, feeling grateful for the privacy the closing doors provided. My heartbeat was louder than the automated voice informing me of the direction the elevator would be travelling, and no amount of pressure that I could manage to place over my ears with my hands could lessen the thundering thumps. The far corner of the elevator offered little to no feeling of safety through the short journey to my floor. I could feel the prickles of non-existent stares tracing patterns over my neck and shoulders, despite my eyes acknowledging that I was alone and pressed into the intersection of two walls covering my back.

Did they follow me? They found where I was.

As soon as the doors opened on my floor, I pushed myself out from my corner of the elevator and hurriedly took my exit, stumbling over my uncooperative limbs on my journey to my door. My mind struggled to keep up with the information overload it was struggling to process, forgoing details such as how my keys came to be in my hand. Shoving the key into the door with shaky hands and unlocking the door quickly, I rushed into the apartment and headed directly to my room. It was a habit I had begun displaying lately to avoid confrontation with my mother, one that was in affect even with a small part of my mind reminding me that mother was running errands with Natsu and wouldn't be home. My arm automatically grasped at the door and swung it in the direction of the frame, yet my ears didn't register the soft slam that I anticipated.

"...don't want a heartless monster..."

A blink seemed to last the journey from the entrance to the apartment to under my small desk in my bedroom, bag separated from my body somehow; or there was a lapse in my memory. My knees were pressed to my forehead harshly as my hands clasped at my locks of hair painfully. I tried to uncurl myself from the position and retract my hands from their painful grasp on my hair, but my body refused to move, ignoring my increasingly desperate mental commands and causing my panic to rise exponentially. My mind was barely able to register the upsurge of my heartrate and breathing until a sickening dizziness swam through my head, causing my vision to increasingly darken around the edges.

"Shoyo. It isn't your fault son; it is that other boy's fault. He put you up to this didn't he? We will fix you up so that you aren't a sinful monster anymore. Don't worry my son."

The growing blackness was nauseating, causing my throat to burn with effort of keeping the contents of my stomach from exiting back through the entrance and my eyes to instinctively close tightly. Salty tears poured quite heavily down my face to my chin and lips, entering my mouth as it hung open in a silent scream, the muscles in my jaw locking into position. The occasional choked sob was the only sound I could manage to produce, and even they were soft due to my inability to take in sufficient amounts of oxygen nor control any muscles within my body voluntarily. A pathetic whimper managed to push past the tightening of my throat as my fear only escalated at the lack of control I had over my own body. The darkness surrounding my vision had grown, encompassing the entirety of my vision.

"This is going to help you son."

"Don't be difficult for her Shoyo. She has agreed to do this to help you get back on track out of the kindness of her heart."