Letter#1: Letter to a sibling

Dear Fatima,

I know I haven't been always the best sister. I would blame you for being Daddy's little princess all the time. I felt like Dad put you first before me after Mom passed. But that was in the past, I don't feel that way anymore. I've tried to protect you and raise you, but I guess I didn't do a very good job of it. But you still turned out to be the person Dad and I wanted to be. Free, independent, and honest when you wanted to be. I'm very proud of you. I will always stand by you no matter what; even you feel that you don't need me. Forgive me for all of my mistakes in the past and let's just move on. I'll try to be a better sister and a friend.

You want to study arts? Let Dad know about it over and over again, until he'll finally understand. If he still doesn't, you'll at least know you tried. But don't give up on your dream just yet. Just pause it for a while. Things will get better once you're older and wiser, but you gotta be stupid and young first in order to fully understand this life.

I'm happy that I'm your sister, even though I wanted you to be a brother. You've been both to me. Always remember who you are and where you came from no matter where you go in your life. Mom is definitely proud of you and smiling down upon you.

Love you always & forever

Fizzy