Chapter 1: Giant Robots and Broken Limbs

When Kaneki Aromasu woke up today to apply at U.A, he didn't expect to be carrying a boy with three broken limbs, supporting the weight of a girl who had sprained her ankle, and stood face to foot with a giant robot.

As all great stories begin, Kaneki's tale starts as he wakes up and falls out of bed face first. To be fair, he had woken up from a particularly bad dream, but that's besides the point. Groaning, he sat up, rubbing his eyes. Dreams were rare and few for him, but when he did have one they were always graphic. Why? He couldn't say. He didn't have a bad child hood, wasn't bullied or harassed. So he didn't really have a clue.

Getting up from the floor with a groan, I took a quick look around the room. Everything was as it was, gray walls, blue curtains, a small wooden desk and chair, a bed and a closet. Living in a small apartment complex was actually pretty fun. I didn't have to worry about having a large amount of people over, only a good couple friends or family members.

That is, if I had any to invite. I didn't have any surviving relatives, the last one past away a few years ago. My mom and dad were always over seas working, and they practically lived wherever they worked. I wanted to remain in Japan, so they send money every now and then for paying rent and buying food and clothes. They stop by for my birthday, or at least try to. Lately, they haven't been as work was to busy. Then there's my classmates. I didn't really stand out, as far as quirks were involved. No one really talked to me, besides the occasional group project.

And I liked it that way. I'm not the most social, so not having to talk to people was a plus. But that all would change today, as today is the day for the U.A. applications. And I was ready.

I finally got around to showering, and got changed relatively fast, throwing on some loose fitting jeans, and a grey t-shirt. Then I checked myself in the mirror, my crystal blue eyes staring back at me, and a short yet spiky style for my blackish brown hair. Satisfied, I grabbed my favorite light weight blue jacket, with a couple of vials already tucked away in the inside pockets. The vials were filled with water, but most importantly beads of metal, the key to my quirk.

I called it Allomancy, and with it allows me to do different things depending on the metal I have stored away in my stomach. Take the meal pewter for instance. That metal strengthens my entire body, so I'm faster, stronger and more durable. Iron let's me pull on anything metal, either pulling it to me or me to it, depending on the size of the metal.

I haven't even tried all the possible metals that I could, but most were useless. Take silver for example, it did nothing. I had a long way to go before I was even close to having my quirk 'mastered', so getting into a school like U.A. would be nothing but beneficial for me.

Speaking of which, he looked at the clock and realized that he should hurry. So now we see Aromasu, running to the train station with nothing in his stomach but his stores of metal. He started to burn pewter to give himself an extra jump in his step just to make it on time.

And finally, after a bit of running, he finally made it to stand before U.A. The building itself was a big H, which was an interesting design. Aromasu could see potential students milling about, trying to find where to go to take the test. He's not the greatest thinker, but he's fairly smart, so he felt ready for the written exam. The physical exam was where everyone proved their worth, and where he would prove his.

Smiling to myself, I began walking up the steps, when a very angry looking blonde kid shoved past me, clearly not caring about personal space. Frowning at his actions, I just shook my head and continued on my way.

Looking ahead I saw a green haired kid trip over himself and fall over, until a brunette haired girl seemed to touch him, and he started to float in midair. It was a little odd to see the boy squirm in the air for a moment, comedically trying to run in the air, before realizing that she had used her quirk.