The Black House

"Here, let me help you" Jacob said, helping Grace off if the motorcycle.
"Thanks Jacob" she smiled, handing him the helmet.
"Of course, c'mon, I'll introduce you to my dad."
The two walked inside the small cabin home, suddenly Grace was nervous. Jacob wasn't her boyfriend but she was his imprint. And she was about to meet his Dad. She felt Jacob's hand on the small of her back.
"It's okay, I'm here. And he's just an old man in a wheelchair." he reassured her.
"Old man? I'll show you old man when I run over your foot! Now get in here!"
They walked in and saw an Indian man with long hair in a wheelchair.
"Grace, I assume." he smiled.
"That'd be me." she smiled.
"Grace, I'd like you to meet my dad, Billy. Dad this is Grace my-"
"Imprint, yeah, I know. I oughta kick you for throwing all this on this poor girl on one night," Billy then turned to Grace, "I'm sorry about that, by the way."
"She's taken it well, wonder how she's gonna take everything else with the treaty." Jacob said the last part quietly.
"Everything else with what?" she challenged.
"Nothing-"
"Jacob." she shot
"I like her, feisty little thing," Billy commented, "There's a lot more you need to know but what you've been told tonight was already a lot. You need some rest. We can continue this conversation later. Jake, show her the guest room." Billy commanded before leaving, probably to his bedroom, Grace guessed.

________________________
/\ the bedroom is above /\

Grace heard a knock on the door.
"Yeah?" she asked.
"Here's an old shirt to sleep in since you don't exactly have any night clothes..." he said, offering a green shirt.
"Thanks.." she took it, standing there sheepishly.
"Oh, umm, bathroom's out there, sorry.." he laughed.
"Thanks... again." she softly added. She quickly used the bathroom and changed, slightly disappointed when she realized Jacob had left when she came back. She got under the sheets and tried to sleep until she heard another knock at the door.
"Yeah?" she asked.
"I can hear the teeth chattering from the other side of the house." he chuckled.
"I'm sorry.." she apologized, embarrassed.
"It's okay, Grace. You know, I could help with that.. may I?" he asked, gesturing towards the empty spot on the bed.
"Please" she softly begged. Jacob crawled into bed and shifted so she could lay her head on his chest.
He softly chuckled under his breath when he head her moan.
"You're warm" she smiled contently.
"I know" he smiled.
"Hey Jake? Thank you.. for everything."
"Of course, little wolf."
"What?" she smiled and looked up at him, curious about the given name.
"It'll make sense later," he said, "get some rest."
And with the heat emitted from Jacob's body and his even breathing, Grace was easily lulled to sleep.