Family Meeting

It was next morning. Grace got up and got herself a bowl of cereal before being called in the living room.
"Uh oh, whatever it is, I didn't do it, I swear." she quickly defended herself. The group of vampires laughed at her remark.
"You may want to sit down, Grace.." Esme spoke softly.
"What's going on?" she asked nervously.
"We have to leave Forks." Carlisle said with sad eyes.
"Oh okay, I thought it was something bad. I'll just go pack then -" the Cullen girl started
"You have to stay and finish school, it's not like you can just repeat it like we can." Rose explained.
"The one downside of my not wanting to become a vampire is school. Of course it is." she laughed.
"You're taking this.. well..?" Jasper looked at her, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"Well I mean it's gonna suck having to go to school and being in this house alone, but it's not like I can't take care of myself. Alice can watch my decisions and as long as you guys keep in touch, I should be okay. How long will you be gone? Week? Month?"
"Forever." Edward plainly stated. That made her slightly choke.
"Oh." she paused and sighed slowly, thinking.
"You okay, dear?" Esme asked, concerned, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder.
"Yeah, I'm good. I mean, I graduate in around 2 years so I can come with you guys then, right?" she asked, looking up at Carlisle.
"Of course you can." He smiled warmly.
"Okay, then I'll be fine. I can make some friends or something." she said.

Two hours later, Grace found herself alone in the large home. Feeling odd that her family was really gone.

__________________

Grace's days became more of a routine then ever.
Wake up, eat breakfast, drive to school, sit in school bored out of her mind without her family, drive home from school, eat dinner, do homework, go to bed. It stayed this way for months.

She tried to reach out to Bella but it never did any good. After awhile she just gave up, figured that the brunette would talk to her when she was ready.

As time went on, Grace started to go out more. Trips to La Push to read, dinner at the diner, shopping in Port Angeles, walks in the woods, etc.