Frozen In Time

Emily's POV

Hi, I am Emily Cooper, 25 years old, the only beautiful daughter of Frank Cooper, a world renowned scientist. He's always abroad, and he's already a millionaire. He is the first person to invent a Cryogenic capsule and every investors in the world are lining up. 

In short terms, we are rich. 

Or should I say, I am rich?

So rich, that I haven't even gone to every inch of our new house despite living here for 2 months.

So rich, that we have a lot of workers in our house.

My mother? She's dead. The day when I was born, my mother did not save herself but saved me instead. 

Her last words were

"I can't live with that man anymore, so please. Save the child" 

Well I can't totally argue with that, she's right. My father is like a mad-man. I believe that his line of work made him forget that he actually has a family. 

It's not like he's around anymore.

He thinks that I'll be fine with just money. He literally left me with just money.

He's not completely wrong though

But stop with the introduction, let me all tell you a story from my own perspective. A story which definitely changed my life. 

Yes, it changed my life drastically.

Though I don't know if it's for the better.

Flashback to  12 years ago

"The very first cryogenic capsule invented by Dr. Cooper is yet to be tested" The news anchor on the tv said.

I sat on the sofa and finished my taco while listening to the tv.

"Let's call on Dr. Cooper" Then my father suddenly walked inside "Good evening Dr. Cooper"

"Ah yes, good evening" My father replied "It's an honor to be here"

"No, it's an honor for us sir that you made time on your tight schedule just to be here" The news anchor replied "So what can you tell us about this experiment?"

"This experiment will be revolutionary. It will remove all diseases inside your body, make your immune system stronger, almost impossible for future bacteria to come in contact with your body." He answered "Well we can't deny that we already have cryogenics but only for keeping body from decomposing or for severed heads. But this, my invention will be for live human beings that wants to have their diseases removed. Cancer, Sars-Cov, MERS-Cov, Tuberculosis, you name it."

"But I heard it hasn't been tested yet Dr. Cooper? Am I right?" The news anchor said "Is it even safe to use?"

Oooh that's some shade there

My father only laughed at the news anchor's question

"Yes, I haven't had a single human subject" He answered honestly "Maybe you'd like to give it a try?"

The news anchor fell in silence for a second and then laughed

"But were there any volunteers?" The news anchor asked

"Yes, yes there are" My father answered "but for confidentiality reasons, I cannot disperse their information to national tv"

"Alright" The news anchor said "Stay tuned, and we'll be right back after a commercial"

I turned off the tv and walked towards my room to sleep. I turned off the lights and left my door a little open. 

I woke up to a sound of suppressed squirming and heavy footsteps outside my door. I peeked a little and I saw my father bringing two big luggages.