Love at first sight

Fitz's pov

I was pacing around. Sophie told me that she and Keefe had something important to do and had locked themselves in Sophie's room, and I was under the surveillance of Grady, as I uncomfortably paced in the living room.

Talk about awkward.

Also, I had an idea of what was happening in that room. I had an idea. And I wasn't totally in love with it. I mean, I like Sophie, I know Keefe's love for her is so much more and he deserves her more than I, but I still find myself clenching my fists over it. But whatever, I could find another girl. Like Linh or something. I shrugged to myself and Grady gave me a quizzical look. I grinned sheepishly and Grady returned my grin with a dashing smile.

Suddenly, the door unlocked and Sophie and Keefe walked out, noticeably holding hands and I saw Grady's eyes narrowing. I sighed, I guess this was obviously gonna happen. I just had to accept it. For all I care they probably kissed in there. I gave them my best clenched smile and they looked at each other lovingly before smiling back at me. Sophie even giggled, I think, with a faint blush on her cheeks.

As I left Havenfield and went back to Everglen, I found many people gathering inside, with my dad telling them what to do.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Dad turned towards me and patted my back. "Son, look at this beauty! Your mother and I decided to install a new chandelier in the living room-remember the crash yesterday? That was the old chandelier. I suppose it really was starting to rot." I nodded, and gazed at the bright beauty hanging from the ceiling.

Hundreds of tiny diamonds hung from the golden bright frame. It lit the whole living room up, and gave me a warm and cozy feeling. I saw how it swayed and twirled around. I loved it-a little too much, I think.

Also, for some reason I felt myself clenching my teeth and curling my fists when I saw all the men who were tending to the chandelier, as if they were wooing her. Grrr. I stomped off, leaving my confused dad behind.

As I sat on my fluffy blue bed, I came to one and only one conclusion.

I was in love with the chandelier.