𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 • 𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 💕. 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

✨🦋 𝐖 𝐀 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐅 𝐀 𝐋 𝐋 𝐒 🦋✨
•𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄•

"𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰, 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡"

delilah ebony hardnett
saturday, may 4th, 2014
2:48pm
home

i sat on the couch, watching tv in the living room with a bowl of dry cereal in my hand

i sat on the couch, watching tv in the living room with a bowl of dry cereal in my hand. some people may have called it weird, but i called it delicious. i was picky with my food, and i didn't eat that much food to be honest.

let me introduce myself. my name is delilah. delilah ebony hardnett to be exact. i was 15 years old, lived with my mother and my father. we lived in the trenches. the nawfside of baton rouge, louisiana. i had an older brother named desmond. he was 27 years old, he had moved out of the house when he was younger. he was about 16 years old i believe. he was a mama's boy and i was a daddy's girl.

after he had gone and hit his first "lick" as they call it, the people retaliated and did a drive-by at our house. deciding that he couldn't let the street shit go, he decided to move out of the house due to him thinking he was putting us in danger. my mama begged for him to stay but he didn't listen.

speaking of him, he walked through the door with his wife, his children, and a big smile on his face. as always. i smiled because when he smiled, i smiled. his smile could brighten up a room and lighten up a bad mood.

i got up and walked over to go greet them.

"hi y'all," i said with excitement and happiness in my voice. i hugged regina, then hugged des. that was my nickname for him, but everybody else called him dump or big dump. i then kneeled down to hug his two kids leanna and Leon. they were twins and they were a mess. they had a personality, that's for sure. but that was one of the many things i loved about them.

we walked into the kitchen where my father was washing dishes and my mother was putting things away and talking to him and laughing while doing so. they turned around and stopped what they were doing at the sound of our footsteps. when my mama saw him her whole face lit up and a big smile came across my daddy's face.