𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 2

"Ugh, how many more streets are we going to wonder?" Damon complained impatiently.

"How many time are you going to ask us questions we don't have the answers to." I snapped back at him. There was a long silence as we kept walking.

"There's something weird about these cars.." Bonnie pointed out, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah their all 20 years old or more and yet they look brand new" Damon responded as he touched a car with his hand while we all looked around us. I look up to see Elena's house, confused I saw the others raise their heads to so they can see what I was looking at.

"And that is Elena's not-so-burnt-to-a-crisp house..." I say as I walk towards it, Bonnie and Damon following behind me. Damon picks something up from the floor, I couldn't tell what it was until I went beside him. He picked up a newspaper, as me and Bonnie moved our heads trying to see what he was looking at. Damon makes a face and turns to me and Bonnie.

"Look." Is all he says before he shows us the newspaper. Bonnie comes closer, looking to where Damon was pointing at.

"The solar eclipse..." Bonnie read something before Damon interrupted her.

"The date." He said sharply before Bonnie gave him a look. She looked down to the paper and read.

"May 10th...1994" she said. She paused before reading the year. I lift my head up in shock before I look at them confused.

"Is that—are we?- thats impossible..." I say. Damon avoids eye contact as Bonnie stares at him. I look up behind Damon to the sky, and he turns to see where I'm looking. We see the eclipse..

"I don't think we should be asking where we are, I think we should be asking when we are.." Damon replies. We all look at the sky in shock and confusion.

——

"Wonder if there's any Booz in this empty retro vill." Damon says as he sits on the swing. I sit beside him.

"It's so weird to be back here...I practically grew up on this porch." Bonnie adds, sitting near the swing on the floor, looking around.

"Alright. Talk me through it" Damon breaks the silence as Bonnie turns to him an I.

"Before the other side collapsed my grams said that she made a sacrifice so I could find peace." Bonnie starts to explain

"The part where you actually have a theory" I say, getting a bit impatient.

"Well," Bonnie says annoyed. "This clearly isn't peace otherwise I wouldn't be stuck here with you." She gave me and Damon a sarcastic smile. I'm sure she directed that more to Damon then she did to me.

"Rude." Damon replies to her comment

"She must've... I don't know, sent me somewhere and when I held your hand.. it sent you with me." She said, pausing every few words.

"Well then she happened to whispered in her last breath, a clue maybe? A witchy path out of here." Damon added

"No, if we got here by magic, magic should be able to get us out." Bonnie says, reassuring herself more then us.

"And that frown that's not upside down is telling me what." I say, there's a long pause of silence before Bonnie turns her concentration to some things on a table. She starts chanting a spell

"Phesmatos incendia"

We all look over to what she is trying to do but nothing happens.

"Still can't do magic.." I sigh as I run my hand through my hair frustrated. The silence creeps up again. Damon sits back and Bonnie avoids eye contact.

"Perfect" Damon adds to my comment. Making it go silent again.

——

A/n

Hey! Sorry these chapters a short, I will try and make them longer. Again feel free to criticize, Ik there might be some spelling mistakes but just ignore that- also sorry if it's boring so far, next few chapters should be interesting :)