𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5

Kiara's POV

I wake up and find myself on the couch, I look around to see Damon and Bonnie standing in front of Kai who is currently tied to a chair. I was confused at first but quickly remember the events that happened not to long ago, and I'm guessing Damon snapped my neck. Nobody noticed I was awake yet. Not even Kai. I pretended to still be passed out so I could eves-drop on their conversation, but what didn't work out because Kai opened his mouth saying he saw my eyes open.

"Guess little sis is awake, huh." Was what Kai said, making Damon and Bonnie turn around to look at me and I couldn't help but open my eyes- I quickly stand up and give Damon a cold-blooded stare.

"Your lucky I haven't snapped your neck yet." I say directing to Damon and I could see the grin on Kai's face grow even bigger from the corner of my eye.

"Don't forget Kiara I'm older then you, your the youngest-" Damon tried to say but I quickly cut him off.

"The youngest, yeah but between you and Stefan I have the worst temper, and you know that." I say sharply before walking in front of Damon, not breaking eye contact.

——

"But then I was like, wait, how am I gonna get these photos developed?" Kai was ranting about some story, I wasn't listening, just spaced out in my own thoughts. Me and Damon have been giving each other the cold shoulder after our little fight. I didn't want to talk to him.

"Oh my god. Just answer the damn question." Damon demanded, clearly frustrated. "How are we gonna get out of this Twilight Zone?"

"I got a question for you first." Kai said, catching my attention I look over to him. "Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994..." he asked. I've been wondering the same thing ever since Damon said this was his 'personal hell'

"—doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?" Kai continued.

"How the hell should I know?" Damon replied, taking a sip of his bourbon.

"Well Damon, ever since we've got here you've been saying this place is your own hell— I'm curious why." Kai simply asked before getting interrupted by Bonnie.

"I found everything you asked for, can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam..." she started listing things while setting her bag down. "...pocket knife, volume O of the encyclopedia... a nail and a black marker." She dumped all the stuff out of her backpack. "Now what?"

Kai looked at his hands. "Can't show you with my hands taped." I sigh before grabbing the pocket knife Bonnie brought and cut off the tape.

"Kiara—" Bonnie said trying to stop me before I did it but it was too late.

"Thank you." Kai said while looking at me and watching as I rip off the tape.

"Okay, fine. How's this crap gonna get us out?"Damon asked.

"I'll explain as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10, 1994." Kai said as he rubbed his hands together.

"What difference does it make?" Damon asked frustrated.

"Put it this way, Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free... I just wanna know if you deserve to come along." Kai said. His words getting cut off by Damon quickly grabbing his shirt and lifting him up.

"Or I could just torture you until you say something useful." Damon said looking directly at Kai.

"If you torture him, he'll get mad and then he won't want to help us." I say in a stern voice. "Think smarter Damon," I continue while tapping my head. Damon gave me a quick glare before looking back at Kai.