Chapter 2

I stood up shouting, "WHAT?!"

They stood up as well.

"You can't let that happen, mom, dad." I said shaking my head hysterically.

"There's nothing we can do sweetheart."

"Why are you acting like you wouldn't be taken by your mate to his pack?" My dad questioned.

"This is Giovanni. The ... I- I can't be mated to him." I said walking to the window.

I walked back towards them. "There's something you can do. Anything. "

My father spoke up. "If we couldn't do anything then, we can't do anything now. "

I turned to his direction, "What do you mean you can't do anything now? You can take me some other place I could hide for a while and I would come back later." I was weeping now.

"What are you talking about? He's the alpha king. He has connections everywhere and can easily locate you. There's nowhere you would go that he wouldn't find you."

I sat on the couch defeated. "No, no, no. I can still just run somewhere." I whispered to myself.

But my dad heard me. He knelt in front of me and took my jaw. "You're not going to run anywhere. You would stay here in this house and wait for him to come. Do you understand?"

I was silent. I heard him but, I refused to answer.

"Reyna. I said 'do you understand?'" He said, firmer this time.

I looked up into his eyes and said, "Yes Father."

"Good. Now go to your room and pack your things. He would be picking you up tomorrow."

"Yes father."

I was about to leave when he called me back. I turned back. His tough facade cracked a bit and I saw the hurt and pain hidden inside. "Reyna, don't be mad at us. We could have protected you the first chance we got, but we didn't. " I felt bad for them and that added to reasons for not liking my mate.

I cracked a small smile. "I'm not mad. I get it."

He smiled back.

I left the room, closing the door gently. I heard the sobbing of my mother and my father's words of comfort. She was so quiet there that I even forgot that she was there.

I stayed a bit outside their door, then left. After all I needed to think of a plan.

____________
3RD POV

The people watched as they saw cars entering their pack. Curiosity got the better of them as they wondered who the cars were for but as they felt the presence of the alpha king, they rushed to hide in their homes.

The cars stopped in front of the alpha's home. Doors opened and different men in suits came out. One of the men opened the door for someone, it was King Giovanni. He came out easily towering over the man who opened the door. He was indeed a sight, a very handsome man with his height and muscular build.

He gave a curt nod to the driver and strode over to where his beta and gamma were. And together they walked to the door of the house. The door opened and a middle aged woman stepped out. She had a smile on her face but, her eyes were filled with sadness.

"Please come in."

They all entered and shut the door behind them. The smell of homemade cookies and lavender overcame them.

Alpha Richard has never bowed down to anyone, but in the presence of a higher power, he had no other choice but to obey the aura and command of the king. "Goodday, King Giovanni."

He nodded once to answer. "Where is she?"

"I just had someone go get her." Alpha Richard said.

Luna Mary couldn't stand all the aura of power men being in her living room so she quickly left the room when her husband asked her to go get her daughter.

She got to her daughter's room and knocked, there wasn't an answer so she knocked again. "Honey I know you're still mad at us, but you have to come out. Your mate is waiting for you downstairs." When there wasn't an answer, she started becoming afraid. "Reyna, open the door right now." She ordered though her voice sounded shaky.

She opened Reyna's door and got in. Her things were packed at one side. Someone must have helped her because there was no way her daughter couldn't have finished this quickly. "Reyna? Where are you, baby?" She opened the bathroom door and saw it was empty. "Where could she have gone? Oh no! I hope she hasn't ran away?" She thought.

She shut the bathroom door and looked around the room. She saw a paper on top of the things she had packed.

It read, "I'm so sorry, mom and dad. Hopefully when you read this I would be far away from the pack. I had to run away. I just had to get away. He's known for being ruthless and I can't bear staying with someone like that.
Please don't worry about me. I would be fine and would visit when I can.
I love you two so much. And I am really sorry."

After reading it, her mother started sobbing. "No no, Reyna why did you do this? You shouldn't have ran away." She tried contacting her husband through the mind link but as she was distressed she couldn't get to him. So with the paper in her hand she ran back down.

As she got there,her husband was already standing to meet her.

"Where's she?" He asked as she reached him.

She was trying to control the sob from coming up. He hugged and told her to calm down. She took a deep breath and said, "She's gone, Richard. She wrote this and ran away." She gave him the paper. He took it and read it. He turned back to King Giovanni.

"She ran away. " He said standing up. "Did you know?"

"No, I just found out now."

Giovanni looked at him in the eyes. Richard didn't back down and looked right back. He sighed and said, "Very well. I'm going to get her back." He turned to his men. "Vai a prenderle le cose e portale allo zaino." (Go get her things and take them to the pack.)

"Yes alpha." They said and went up to her and did what he said.

The alpha and his wife were confused. "They're taking her things to my pack."

"What about Reyna?" Mary asked.

"I would handle her." He replied and left the house.

Okay I'm sorry for the late update. I was honestly to lazy. But I had the whole thing planned out. So to earn your apology I have a double update for you.
Please tell me how it was for you.
Please vote, comment nicely and share.
Thank you.

Beautybehindthepain 🤍

Follow my writing page on Instagram @beautybehindthepain

And my personal @_vanessaeg_
Thanks