ix

JOY POV

"ten did what!" i exclaimed hearing what vivi said. ten had decided to befriend them, which made me really mad since i had a crush on ten. yes, i secretly didn't like yeondong for getting in my way but always stuck with her. "jennie, what should we do?" i turned to jennie. 

 "what do you want me to do?" she said coldly. my eyes weakened as i whispered, "j-jennie?" 

"what?"

"a-are you o-okay?"

"i'm doing fine, realising how yeondong felt."

"what are you talking about?"

"the whole breaking her and doyoung and their friends apart thing is just stupid. imagine watching your own friendship being ripped apart. i don't wanna do this. i realised how yeondong felt about us, we shouldn't even have been mad. i feel helpless, used, annoyed," she yelled as she left us. vivi gave me a side-eye and chased after jennie. they're all turning away from me one by one. should i just get at them? or live like that. maybe i should follow them and befriend the rest of them? no, i'll sort it out myself.

anger boiled inside me. first my family falling apart, now my friends gone. i'll really pay you back well, fate. 

YEONDONG POV

i decided to hang out at the playground with doyoung and the other 2 boys who had seemingly gotten closer after a night together. at that moment, i noticed two familiar figures approaching us. jennie and vivi. my heart dropped. what do they want...

"h-hi," vivi stuttered. ten looked done, "i already told you to leave me alone. why are you here?" jennie began explaining sheepishly, "we've come to apologise for all the hurt we've done. c-can we join you guys?" "sure!" i exclaimed quickly before the others could say anything. both of them smiled with gratitude, "thank you. i really hope you won't feel that way about us anymore."

"so long you don't make me beat people up."

"yeah, i realised how you felt and a change is nice."

"what about joy?"

jennie hesitated before shaking her head and sighing. 

- time skip -

it was monday and our lunch breaktime. i walked over to where we'd agree to meet, only to find jennie sobbing there, with doyoung and vivi comforting her. "what happened?" i asked. doyoung took me away from the two other girls and showed me the post on our school blog. 

"jennie kim having an affair with a senior. who could it be?" the post read. "and we know the culprit behind this. who could it be?" i said sarcastically. i ran back to the others and said, "come on, jen. cheer up. i think i know who did this. i'm quite sure you do too."

she looked up confused. "joy! duh!" i exclaimed. jennie hadn't cooled off so she continued crying when a group of boys came up to us. "jennie? who is the-"

"shut up and get out of here! it's a rumour," ten snapped from behind. the boys looked frightened and immediately scurried off. "did joy do it?" he whispered to me and i nodded. "that bitch ain't changing yet... we have to predict her next move."

"vivi, could we talk for a moment?" i said. she looked at jennie and patted her before coming over. "did you do this?"

"i think so. she was very angry when me and jennie left her."

"is there anything you know?"

"she's mostly mad at you. she always was. joy was really there for fame and hated you because she liked ten, but he liked you."

"i'm taken now, so why can't she take him?"

"because he has befriended you and doyoung."

"what's likely to happen next is that she'll spread more false things about us."

"yes. i really don't know why she won't just come to us. would you accept her back if she did, though?"

"yeah, of course. but we need to stop her first."

"should we find her after school?" she asked the whole group and we agreed. 

- time skip -

"she's at it again," doyoung sighed. we were leaving our last lesson to meet the others. "what happened this time?"

the post wrote, "vivi exposed for cheating students' money". 

"i'm so done with her bullshit," i cursed as i sped up ahead of doyoung and he ran forward. vivi wasn't crying but she was visibly upset. "it's my turn now, huh?" "don't worry, vivi," i coaxed, "we're gonna get her now."

"you're gonna get who?" a voice came from behind our group.