xiii

YEONDONG POV

a week since the incident happened and i was finally given the green light to be discharged. johnny was doing the paperwork, while i got dressed into normal clothes that jinny had brought me. "hello, sis! you good?" she chirped as i exited the ward. i grinned at her, "better than ever." i was talking fine now and was a lot stronger. my arm had to be in a bandage all the time, though. 

"where are the others?" i inquired. she hesitated for a moment before saying, "i don't know." she seemed to be hiding something but i shrugged it off and left for home with my siblings. 

almost as soon as i sat down on the couch, there was knocking at the door. "jinny! get the door!" i yelled. she walked out, annoyed, and opened it, revealing doyoung. "hi!" he greeted us. "yeondong, uh, would you like to go out?" he began. i nodded and quickly got changed into a crop top and shorts.

"you look good!"

"stop staring, my gosh. where are we going?"

"you'll see."

he got into johnny's car and drove me off. we finally arrived at a carnival fair by the seaside. "you only wanted to go with your friends but i want you alone. we haven't gone out together since we began dating, so shall we?" he said, grinning at me. 

it felt like i was in a drama and time went by too quickly. i grabbed his hand and nodded, pulling him along to the different rides i wanted to take. i had always been a huge fan of roller coasters and thrill rides, but doyoung, obviously wasn't. he seemed scared in all the queues and kept looking at the tall rides. nonetheless, i made him take the rides with me and he agreed. 

"you having fun?" i shouted as the roller coaster accelerated downwards. he didn't reply but just kept looking down and closing his eyes. "look up!" i yelled again. he didn't budge so i just chuckled and wrapped my arm around him, cheering as the ride went on. 

"whew," he panted, as we exited the ride, "let's not go on any more rides." "yes, idiot. we're done with all the rides," i laughed, "we should get some food." we headed to a makeshift stall and got ourselves a sandwich each. "give me some of yours. i wanna try cheese," he said, pointing at my sandwich. i giggled and passed it to him.

as we were enjoying our meal together by the stand, someone shouted, "hey, the two lovebirds are here too!" i turned immediately to see ten and kun. it was quite funny that they were so close now, especially because ten always picked on kun before doyoung entered the picture. "maybe you two are the lovebirds!" i yelled back. the two boys made their way to where wwe were seated but doyoung said, "leave us alone. you two have your wonderful date elsewhere."

"we were here first, you bunny," ten retorted, and kun continued, "we're not dating, by the way." "sure aren't," i raised my brows at them and shot a smug look. kun rolled his eyes, smiling, "fine, we'll leave. have fun!"

"do you think they make a good couple?"

"yes. ten and kun are goals."

"but we're even more goals."

"are we?"

doyoung pushed me gently but then wrapped his arm around me. we stared and stared until the gap between us no longer existed. "i love you, doyoung," i whispered. he grinned at me, "i love you, too, yeondong. i always have."