~ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 ~

𓅓

Beatrice had only just gotten home and another note had seemingly appeared in her bag. The only difference between this note and the one that appeared three years ago was that this one had a clear signature.

Lucius Malfoy. Draco's father.

She obviously knew what his letter was in regard to, and now she finally recalled what she had set out to do that night; she was going to visit her father.

She zipped over the words of the letter numerous times, so much to the point that her eyes blurred and her head ached. She didn't know if she could tell Hermione and Dean about the heavy deal she made years ago.

Throwing that paper into the flame was like shaking hands with Death. There was truly no escape from her agreement, and it was all her fault.

She'd have to fight against Harry Potter, her friend, just because she thought it was a good idea when her mind was brimming with thoughts of her father. Because she thought it was a smart move when her head was hazy with emotion, almost as if she had been drugged.

Beatrice sat with her eyebrows drawn into a tight knot and her lips pulled into a line.

Beatrice would have to leave the people she loved in order to fulfill her promise, her swear.

For what felt like hours, Bea sat there, stomach churning as her mind was thinking. Maybe there was a way she could get out of it, but she knew this was a foolish request because even without resources, she knew that Dark Lord was one of the most powerful wizards of all time, and her only options were joining or wishing death upon herself. Maybe there were loopholes, most loopholes can be found within deals like this, but she senselessly forgot to copy the letter onto a different paper, so she couldn't remember what exactly the letter said.

Her thoughts were useless. This was the fate she selected. She should have thought harder than she did about it. Though, if she didn't go through with it, she'd always have a target on her back, so maybe it was for the better.

Plus, she wasn't alone. She could always talk to Draco.

That thought was a small comfort that warmly pressed against her frantic thoughts, somewhat of a blanket, causing her to realize her exhaustion. She trudged up the stairs to her dorm room and practically passed out when she fell onto the bed.

☁︎︎

That night, even though she forgot to try, the letter must have transported her mind to her father in the past.

Because there he was, standing as solid as a rock, but Beatrice knew better. She would not interact with him this time. She tore her eyes from her father, eyes darting all over the room he was in.

She hadn't seen the room before. The ceiling was arched in an almost royal manner. Everything was made out of a mysterious shade or grey, the color represented the cold that sat upon the room just perfectly. That cold pushed into her skin, chilling her core as if she had just been drenched with water.

She was shivering, almost shaking, and she shook her limbs out to warm herself up as best she could. She glided behind her father, following him throughout the beautiful maze of the room. The room was wide open, but never plain. The furniture looked aged and antique, Beatrice was surprised to see it still standing. Are we at Hogwarts? she thought, eyes soaking in all the small details of the room. Things like the crystal hairbrush laid upon the ivory vanity, or the reddish-purple lounge chair that looked like it's where goddesses sat to eat their grapes for a portrait.

This didn't seem to phase Regulus, who must have seen this room before.

The door behind Bea cascaded open and she, just like her father, jumped with a mix of fear and surprise to spot the girl.