Ch 1. The purple Challenger

Mercedes looked over to Jackson as they wrapped up talking with the Mississippi prison guards and they'd just been told that a death row inmate, Evan Lee Hartley, had escaped. Mercedes' hyena self gave a low snarl of frustration and she couldn't help but agree as they walked outside to the parking lot. Sitting beside the rental Chrysler was, a car as purple as a handful of grapes. It was a new Dodge Challenger that Mercedes had customized to make it appear as though it'd been made in 1969. The bright candy apple red head and tail lights were a stark beautiful and rather flashy contrast to the cars primary color. Mercedes grinned, she'd never been happier to see the damn thing before!

    The Challenger started up with a bubbling growl that seemed to be music to the hyena walker's ears. Mercedes hummed, opening the driver's door with an air of practice before getting into the seat. 

    Jackson took the passenger seat and grinned his usual roguish grin, "dont speed too fast". Mercedes cracked her knuckles and the muscles underneath her dark skin, jumped, "no promises". She hummed, a mischievous undertone present in her Nigerian accent. They lurched out of the parking lot and Mercedes drifted around the left corner before slowing down (slightly) and they were off on their way to meet up with Abraham and Mitch, who'd been off at the woods in hopes of catching a wolf.