Dive Bars and Missed Opportunities

Yawning, I stretch and sit up in my bed. My over-sized t-shirt falls off of my left shoulder as I stand and walk to the bathroom. My lavender-grey pixie cut is perfectly messy as usual and I'm feeling especially confident today. After brushing my teeth I look at the clock. 11:30. Alexx, my roomate is still asleep of course. I stroll across the cold wooden floor with my bare feet. Pushing open her bedrom door I see her sprawled out on her bed, blankets and pillows thrown as far as they could possibly be. I lean on the door frame and laugh a bit at the sight.

        "Hey sleepy head," I call at her rousing her a bit "The girls over before the show later." I turn and head back to my bedroom to get dressed. Alexx and I are in a metal band called Euphoria with three other girls Fox, Violet and Rory. We're performing later at a beat up grunge bar in Austin, Texas that is. Most people don't expect much from us being an all girl metal/punk band but despite that we are still quite hard core and can rock the stage just as well as any other band.

        Stepping into my room I head to the closet to look for todays attire. I throw on my make art baseball tee and put on a pair of dark skinny jeans. I don't put on any makeup but put in my tunnels, industrial piercing, and my spider bites. I examine myself in the mirror and walk out of my room to he kitchen. The rest of Euphoria plans on being at our house by 1:00 so I have about an hour to do whatever.

        While cooking breakfast I hear someone else walk into the kitchen. I turn to see alex in her usual punk rock attire including studded denim vest and shorts with ripped tights. Her hair is in a bun with two strands to either side of her straight across bangs still hanging out.  Her hair is died with a sreak of brown dyed right down the middle of her bangs. Not many people could but she pulls it off quite nicely. Her makeup is perfect with dark eyes and red painted lips. Her septum peircing hangs down with a small steel ball in the middle and her chest tattoo shows just a bit. 

        "Want some?" I say offering up some eggs that I just made. She shakes her head and we continue with a conversation that ranges from shitty holocaust jokes to dick pic commentary. Each of us so lost in the conversation that we almost forgot that the girls were coming over, that is until the door bell rang. I put my dishes in the sink before meeting Alexx at the front door where everyone is standing. 

        Fox is standing closest to the door her fiery orange hair twisted into two small buns on either side of her head with a bandana on her head in her signature hair style. She's wearing a low cut black shirt with longs sleeves and acid washed high waisted shorts and a large belt. She stands holding her guitar with a big maroon-lipped smile covering her face this girl is one of the smoothest people I know and always happy. I invite her in and lok behind her to see Rory walking up the path. Rory's tall mohawk and sideburn style seem to have adorned a new color like they always seem to do. This week they're a dark brown with red tips.  Her metallica muscle shirt has various rips in it and her loose jeans are tucked into her clunky boots. She holds an unlit cigarette in her mouth becuase she knows how much I hate the smell. I nod at her as she walks into my home. Despite her tough exterior she is such a sweetheart and I love her to death. Then last but not least Violet. She's holding a drum pad with one hand and twirling her drumsticks with the other. Her arms are covered with leather and she has on a leather skirt and thigh high socks pulled up to the garter she wears. Violet is quiet but she is so good at what she does that she doesn't need to speak to explain herself. After she steps in I close the door and head to our rehearsal room.

        We tried rehearsing but ended up just jaming to the stereo and talking about random shit. While we are chatting away I look up and see the clock. 4:00. 

        "Shit!" I yell and everyone looks at me. "We have to leave like now if we want to get to Austin on time" We all stand up and grab our instruments running out to our beat up volkswagon bus. It's a deep blue and preety banged up, but really it was the only thing we could afford with our musician salary.