Chapter 16

Nadech hasn't stopped calling, messaging like crazy. After a couple of days, I need to get my acts together.
I remembered how he chased after me when I hurriedly went out of his office. I wanted to slap him so bad. I wanna scratch his beautiful face. I wanna curse him. I want to hurt him. I want to make him feel while I am feeling.

I feel like a fool, betrayed, hurt. He's the only man that I've ever loved next to my dad. Sadly, all I got is this unending heartache.

I didn't understand. He told me it was a set up before by his competitors. That he doesn't even know the woman. But why is she even in his office and they're in the situation where they are about to do it on his office chair. Pigs!

The thought of it makes me even want to throw up. Scream in frustration. Make her bald, scratch both of their faces. I balled my fists and a stray tear has left my eye. I swallowed an invisible lump and started sobbing once again.

I realized, maybe he isn't for me really. We are not meant for each other. I don't deserve this. He doesn't deserve Sophia, he doesn't deserve me. We should stop trying to make things work when we know it's not going to end right.

This is the first time after the office fiasco that I’m calling him. It takes a lot of courage to do this but I need to. Talking to him. His surprised voice echoed on the other line.

He even answered on the first ring. He didn't make me wait.
He doesn't know where I am now, with Sophia. He hasn't seen me since then. 

After days, I need to stop hurting and put everything to an end.
I mean, Us. 
I need to compose myself and be strong for my daughter.
The incident is fresh to me. I can’t stop hurting when I think about it, but I have Sophia. That’s all that matters.

“I don't want to waste your time, I wanted you to meet me tonight, at 7PM in Benchasiri Park. We have to discuss something” my voice cracking.

“Are you bringing Sophia? I miss you both so much” says he.

“I’ll be alone. I won't bother you anymore.I’ll get going” I hang up the phone when he’s about to say something but didn’t give him a chance.

This will be the best decision I will ever make. I’m doing this for my daughter too.

Everytime he asks me about his dad, my answer is always the same. “Dad is busy, he will come soon.”
This time, I won't be lying to my daughter anymore.
I'm deciding for the both of us. So we’ll be free of all the heartaches her dad has caused us.

I saw him sitting on the bench and I sat with him, we’re meters apart. I saw his sad expression as he turned to me, “Ya, I---”

“I want a divorce” I said coldly, didn't even let him finish what he’s about to say. 

“I don’t want to be tied to you anymore. It’s choking me. I don't want to see you anymore.Set me free”
I’m looking at him bravely in the eyes and all I can see is sorrow. 

“Ya, please don’t do this. Please hear me out”, pleading and hurt is evident in his voice.

“I’m done hearing you out. I’m done hearing all of your lies just let me go.” he attempted to hold my hands but I stopped him.

“As for Sophia, I will let my daughter understand what we are, how we are. She’s smart, she’ll understand. She lived for five years without you anyway.” I heard him sniff but I won't let my emotions affect me.

I aggressively wiped my tears while gritting my teeth. 

“I despise you. I despise that I loved you. Stay away from me and my daughter. Starting today, you are no one to me and Sophia. You are nothing.”

“Do you really hate me that much, you want me out of you and our daughter’s life?” he asked, all I can see is sadness in his eyes.I opened my mouth only to let out a sigh.

“I wish I didn't know you. You are a worst nightmare, Nadech. You are a bad dream.”
He attempted to get closer to me but I blocked him again.

“You stay away from me. I don't want your filthy fingers touching me. I don't want you to show your face to my daughter, you don't have any right”

“But Ya I can't live witho---”

“ Stop with all that nonsense!” I cut him off. “I will remove your last name and make both of us a Sperbund and will cut you in her life. You are unworthy of all the love and forgiveness, Nadech”
He is begging and I am more angry. I want him out of my life forever, that's all I need and I'll be alright.

“Sign the papers that I'll be sending you and lets forget about each other. Let's forget about everything. You are a bad memory anyway, I can just
get over you.”

I can see his shoulders shrugging and he’s silently crying but I don't care anymore.

“Let's end this here Nadech, let's stop hurting each other” now I'm sobbing with him. 

“If this is what you want, I’ll give it to you, even if it hurts.
Even if that means not seeing you and Sophia again, I'll give it to you.But can I have just one last favor, Ya? Just one last favor I'm gonna ask before letting you go.
In our old house where we lived for a year, meet me there.
I'll give the signed papers but I want you to be there.
Tomorrow, whenever. Your time. I will wait” then he walked away, leaving me.

This time I am crying really hard. Ugly crying even.
I remember the house he wanted to meet me in. The place he wanted me to meet him for the last time.
The house where we created so many good memories, I didn't even imagine would be the place we will be seeing each other for the last time.

******************************

We are near to the end.
Here's short chap. I think the shortest among all? But everything I need for this chap is here.

Hope you enjoy!
Tweet me @writingforNY ❤️
Vote for Nadech Yaya and Switch too ❤️