Spark at first touch

Derek's pov'

Friday morning

I headed to Kobe's gym as usual to do my early morning training routine. Kobe's my good friend from high school, he has always assisted me in anyway he can.

I did my normal routine from weights to punching the sand bags to pushups and press-ups on the mat for about two hours, then headed home to go clean up.

I went to work at 8:00am for my morning shifts. I had to work early to make more money to enter college this year. I can't afford to wait another year, since my mom and i couldn't afford it ever since my dad died a year ago.

I headed home from work by 4pm to get prepared for Tyler's party at 6pm, since I was helping him by playing a bartender who would be serving drinks, in return he gave me cash which I didn't willingly accept cause I was only doing him a favor cause he's my younger cousin. He told me he's giving me cause I needed it, which is true.

~~~~~~later that evening~~~~~
I made it earlier to see how everything was going. I was dressed in grey sweats, cause I just wanted to keep it casual. I looked around the house which now had a party setting, Tyler sure knows how to plan a party.

I made my way to the kitchen, to see Tyler who was properly dressed. He looked relieved when he saw me, like he was waiting for me. He showed me where I would be staying near the kitchen bar and I would be assisted by theo, one of his friends.

Some minutes later, people started strolling in. I guess it must be time already, seeing that the place was getting occupied by various people. Tyler on the other hand was playing host by elcoming his friends and classmates with his charming smile.

I attended to few people already, mostly guys who were in the mood for alcohol.

I was attending to a girl who requested for a martini when my eyes caught up with a particular girl from a distance, she had long curly dark hair and silver- grey piercing eyes which was filled with excitement. She came in with her two other girls who seemed like her friends. I also saw Tyler talking to them, I couldn't make up what he was saying cause he was far from where I was.

It looked like I wasn't the only one's attention they caught cause they all look breathtaking. But I only had eye for that curly-head girl. They'll walked away from Tyler to the dance floor.

"Derek!" Theo called out snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What" I snapped giving him my full attention to him.

" Dude what's wrong with you, you've been staring at that girl ever since she came in here" he said frustratedly. "I've been calling you for a while now"

"Ohh, sorry man" I said apologeticly " what can I help you with".

"I just wanted you to pass me a vodka on the upper cupboard, but I already got it myself"

Before I was able to answer him that was when I saw her approaching me, the curly-head girl. She made her way to the counter walking majestically in her silver lace dress which showed her nice curves. Theo seeing her tapped my shoulder saying 'you got it bro' before going to attend to another person.

" How can I help you" I said as she approached the counter flashing her my brightest smile. She smiled in return while studying my features curiously.

Seeing she didn't answer I went on to say " I'm just helping Tyler, my cousin. Since he couldn't find a bartender on time"

" Ohhh!" She exclaimed like something just clicked. I get that a lot cause me and Tyler looked a lot like each other, cause we're family.

" I would like ice tea" she replied sitting on a stool right in front of me.

" Ice tea for the beautiful lady" I announced not taking my eyes of her cause she was a sight to see. Her cheeks flushed a little at what I had said, she looked away quickly to prevent me from seeing her flushed cheeks. Which was so cute. She turned, her back facing me now, like she was looking for someone.

" Here's your drink" I said bringing her attention to me. " I'm Derek by the way" I winked at her.

She collected the drink and said "My name's Anna" before taking a sip out of her drink.

" Nice to meet you Anna" I said cooly bringing my hand out to shake her. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I just had the certain urge to touch her. She hesitated before taking my hand which was a relief cause I thought she wasn't going to.

Just as I took her hand into mine, I felt a spark like jolts of electricity passing through our hands at that single contact. She withdrew her hand quickly and looked me suprised at what just happened, she felt it too.

She took another sip of her drink like she was trying to figure out what just happened. I came back to reality when I heard her dropped her empty cup on the counter and was about to leave.

She muttered a "thank you" and said with a smile " it was nice meeting you, Derek" I liked the way my name rolled off her tongue which I didn't understand why I did.

'She was about to leave and this might be the last time I might see her' my brain keep reminding me. I didn't know what to say to her and started feeling nervous.

I mean I wasn't like this, I never hesitated to talk to girl or never felt nervous to do say something, I usually said what I wanted or what my mind thinks is right but this was different, she was different. She noticed this and waited to hear what I wanted to say.

" Hmmm!-" I started not wanting to waste her time " can I have your number- so I can get to know you better" I continued. Phew, so glad I didn't just blurt anything out especially when I'm nervous.

" Sure" she said flashing me a smile, I sighed in relief handing her a piece of paper and pen which she gladly wrote her contacts and handed back to me. I smiled back happily and told her I'll give her a call soon. Which I was planning to do sooner or later. Just with that she left in a hurry.

Throughout the night all I could think of was Anna.

++++++++++++++++++++++
A/N
Derek's pov' finally!!.
How'd see it?
Drop an emoji 🌺 if you're ready for the next chapter.
Peace out ✌️✨