Chapter 2

I'm sorry it took me so long to update! Let me know how this chapter is.

Sam furrowed his brows. Find the Queen of Terrasen? The Queen of Terrasen was dead.

...Right?

Before he had... left, there had been rumblings about the princess of Terrasen being alive, but nothing had been proven.

He got to his feet, taking a step forward before almost crashing to the ground. He had barely caught himself in time, and he was currently hugging a tree for support.

Oh, how the mighty assassin had fallen.

He pulled himself along, taking a few stumbling steps and taking a break, breathing hard, stand up straight once again, repeat.

Soon he was in a village (and by then, his legs were at least partially working). There was beautiful music, and dancing, and shouting, and joy.

How long had he been asleep?

How long had he been dead?

Nevertheless, he limped over to a young male with dark hair and soft brown eyes. He didn't seem the violent type, not from the way he was smiling at the festivities, his guard completely down.

"What happened here?" Sam asked, his voice hushed. The male looked over, his gaze curious. "Why is everyone so... happy?"

"Well... the war ended. And the Queen brought peace." He smiled wistfully. "There are children here, children who were raised in a world where they don't have to hide. They don't have to be scared. And it's all thanks to her."

"The war? The Queen? Do you mean the Queen of Terrassen?" the man nodded. "Where can I find her?"

"Probably in the Palace." the male's eyes had turned cold. Suspicious. And... he wasn't looking at him. He was looking behind him.

Sam whirled just in time to see a male with long dark hair and onyx eyes, his mouth tilted up into a vicious smile.

"Lights out, pretty boy." That was the last thing he heard before everything.

Went.

Black.