chapter sixteen

"And then I felt sad because I realized that once people are broken in certain ways, they can't ever be fixed, and this is something nobody ever tells you when you're young and it never fails to surprise you as you grow older, as you see the people in your life break one by one. You wonder when your turn is going to be, or if it's already happened."

"It started in 1994," he trailed off too make sure we were listening.

"Weren't you born in 1994?" Louis commented, and Harry nodded.

All of us were sat on the couches, much like we were last night. This time, we actually had the answers right in front of us. I couldn't deny the feeling of complete terror, too anxious to even think about how horrible this all might turn out to be.

He took a deep breath before speaking and shook his head.
"I got in a bunch of shit when I was born and it came back. It's hard to stay hidden when you're famous and they found me. If they find out I'm alive, you're all going down with me too."

Everyone was red. Their faces were all red with anger because of how little information Harry gave us, and I was too angry. I was now involved in this, and it wouldn't turn out too pretty. If we're involved in this and our lives are on the line, wouldn't you think we'd be able to know what the hell is going on? Whoever "they" are, isn't the most considerate bunch.

"Harry, what the hell happened?" Louis impatiently demanded, everyone else's expressions matching.

Harry's eyes consciously scanned our surroundings while biting his lip harshly. A worried expression took over his face as he replied," I can't tell you. I'm sorry."

"Bullshit!" Liam interjected, causing Sophia to jump right next to him.

"It's for your own safety. I've got this handled and I don't need anyone involved and getting themselves killed." Harry sternly pointed out.

"Exactly my point! If we could possibly get killed any moment now then we deserve to know what's happening. We need to know what not to do and how to keep ourselves safe." Zayn argued, biting his lip.

Somewhere between them arguing, I got lost in my own mind. I seem to do that a lot lately, but how could I not? This was all rushing too fast and if someone would've told me a month ago that a ghost would show up that somehow correlates to my past that I don't seem to remember, I would've laughed in their face. Now, all of a sudden, the guy that I was in love with for years shows up and I feel like he needs me to remember him and everything we had together, but my mind is blank. On top of that, we all may or may not be killed because of Harry's insane past that he won't spill a word about. Lovely.

"Please just let it go. You don't have to do anything, you'll stay safe as long as they're under the impression that I'm dead." Harry begged for the millionth time this morning, running his fingers through his disheveled curls.

"Whatever, Harry. Call me when you get your head out of the clouds." Louis stood up from the couch, the rest of the boys following him. Liam, Sophie, and Harry stayed seated on the couch, and Brielle was no where to be seen.

"Gemma." I said out of nowhere, raising from the couch. Harry being alive was the least of my worries. I needed to find Gemma, explain the whole ordeal, and maybe she'll be able to gain my memory back. As harsh as it sounds, there isn't a point of being around Harry if I have no idea who he is and I don't want to get involved with him if he's in sticky business.

Their eyes widened as they stared at me. "Gemma? What are you talking about?" Liam asked as I scrambled to the room I stayed in across the hall. I shut the door and quickly slipped on the dress I wore last night, along with my painful heels. I rushed out the door as fast as a hungover teenager wearing an uncomfortable dress and high heels could, and sauntered to the door.

"What? Where are you going? We need to talk." Harry rushed over to me, his eyes burning into mine.

"Look, Harry, I can't, not right now. I'm as confused and overwhelmed as it is, I don't need you to make me even more. We'll talk soon, you're going to wanna stick around." I dismiss, and accidentally slam the door a little too hard.

I realized that I didn't have a car and today was a school day, meaning I would have to walk and I'd get in a shitload of trouble for everything leading up to last night. I sighed before continuing on my walk that would probably take up to 45 minutes. I stopped at the stoplight, waiting for the cars to pass.

"Don't you look glorious."

oh my gosh i hated this chapter im sorry. i'll try to make the next chapter better (:

but harry is alive wtf you doing harold

anyway, don't forget to comment, vote, and follow! check out my other book "fools gold." I need four more comments on that book before I can update, so please check it out! xx