Chapter 2: Smart one

I wake up to the sound of my mother yelling. "SULLIE!! GET UP, WE OVERSLEPT!" I lay there for a minute to realize what she meant. Then, I realized that it was brighter outside than it usually is. I sprung up and into the shower, constantly worrying about being late on my second day at my new school. I now remember what happened yesterday, that Taylor is just.. oh..no.. I shouldn't have done that! Now I'm on someone's bad side.. should I be worried? ohh, I've been in here for too long.. I turn the shower off, and wrap my hair and body in a towel. While trying to dry off as soon as I could, I just couldn't stop thinking about what could happen today. I threw on some regular blue skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. I do light makeup, and put my hair up into a high ponytail, but then scruff it up a bit so I don't look too basic. Maybe I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on. "Sullie, I have to get to school, are you ready?" Says Dally. "Yeah, I just need shoes, is mom ready?" "She already left, Wess is going to take us!" She says. Wess? I thought.. oh great, Wess is going to take us, so much for being in a hurry, I look terrible. But, it doesn't matter, why should I care? I slipped on a pair of uggs and ran out the door with Dally. Once we were pulling into the school, I realized that my bag felt strangely light. Oh no, I forgot my backpack! What am I going to do?! And to make things even wors, wess noticed! "Uh, don't you carry a backpack?" He says. I don't want to look stupid.. uhh.. "ye- no.. uhh, I left my stuff in my locker.. heh, no need for a bag right?" I then awkwardly smile and laugh.. he looked at me puzzled, and smiled as if he just didn't want to look rude. No need for a bag right??? Wow. That's the best that I could do. Ugh. I get out of the car and walked to room 314 and read the name tag to be sure I had the right place. "Mrs.Wolfe" it read. There were few people in the room yet because most people caught up with friends before class started. I told the Teacher that I had forgotten my backpack and she provided me with a spiral notebook and a pencil that I could keep. I guess this will just have to do for today. I went to my seat and looked around. Then I saw Taylor and her friend walk in. I immediately looked at my notebook, as if I hadn't even noticed. I wrote my heading on the first page because I had nothing else to do and I didn't want to look weird. She walked over to her seat and looked at me before sitting down. She paused for a moment as if she was just remembering was went down yesterday. "Ohh, I forgot about our little smart one over here." Her and her friend just laughed as I continued to slowly write the date. She sat down and immediately realized my missing bag. "Where's your bag, smart one? Are you so smart that you forgot it?" I decided I would just ignore them today. Mrs.Wolfe had us write our own story about ourselves. I began to write about Texas and how much better it was over there. Mrs. Wolfe then got a call and had to step outside. While she was gone, Taylor then looked at my paper and began to read it out loud. I panicked, I don't want everyone to know what I wrote! "Stop!" I yelled. Then Mrs. Wolfe returned.