Daichi x Sugawara- Again

(Trigger Warning: Major character death, blood, gory details, possible suicide, car accident)

"Morning, honey." Daichi says as he enters the kitchen. As usual, his ash-haired fiancé doesn't reply, and just watches Daichi prepare for work. His hazel eyes melt with love when Daichi poses in the front hall in his suit and grins at him.

Daichi plants a feather-light kiss on his fiancé's cheek and leaves for work, smiling and joyous.

He gets a phone call around lunch time, and his day is suddenly a lot darker.

"This is Sawamura Daichi?"

"Yes, can I ask who's calling?"

"It's Miyagi Main Hospital. Your fiancé, Sugawara Koushi was involved in a car crash at approximately ten o'clock this morning. The ambulance was unable to get there in time to save his life. We're very sorry for your loss."

After a long and grueling trip to the hospital, several bouts of crying, and sorting out the plans to cremate his fiancé's body, Daichi heads home with a sigh.

"Hi Sugar." Daichi offers his fiancé a small affectionate smile as he enters their apartment. Koushi sits at the bottom of the stairs, waiting, as he usually does. He has the same soft enamored smile on his face as he always does, but this time it's accompanied by a split-second look of guilt and a nod of apology. He still doesn't speak, but Daichi understands. "It's okay, Koushi."

With a glance at Koushi's barely-there figure, Daichi starts to the kitchen and begins preparing dinner, chatting idly to Koushi as he does so.

"What happened today?" He asks eventually. The only response he gets is a shrug, and Daichi sighs again. "Okay."

-

"Morning, darling." Daichi smiles as he enters the living room. As normal, his beautiful Koushi doesn't reply, just watches Daichi forego breakfast and turn the TV on to the sports channel. He doesn't smile until Daichi kisses him carefully, and Koushi melts into the touch.

Once a volleyball game begins on TV, there's no getting Daichi's attention to shift to anything else. There's a whisper of clothing as Koushi stands, wrapping the shawl he always wears tighter around his thin frame. Daichi looks up once to see him walking into the kitchen, before returning his focus to the TV.

Inevitably, lunchtime comes around, and as soon as the game finishes, Daichi's in the kitchen hunting for something to eat.

His hunger doesn't distract him from his fiancé, however. Koushi is knelt on the floor, clutching his stomach. With a flash of anxiety, Daichi darts to his side and carefully pries Koushi's hands away from his body.

There's a knife embedded in his stomach, all the way up to the hilt. Koushi's shawl is red.

Daichi doesn't know if it was intentional or not, and Koushi is in too much pain to tell him, so Daichi just holds his fiancé's hand and tries not to cry until Koushi's eyes eventually close.

-

"Morning, beautiful." Daichi chuckles as he enters the kitchen. As usual, Koushi doesn't reply, and just watches Daichi prepare breakfast with a content smile on his face. Koushi loosens his shawl. Today's shawl is a bright blue, a welcome break from the bleak, gray or white shawls he usually wears. Koushi's eyes burn with a rare excitement when Daichi puts far too much syrup on a pancake and puts it on a plate for Koushi.

-

Sawamura Daichi, Sugawara Koushi's husband-to-be.

Sugawara Koushi, a silent, beautiful angel doomed to die every day, only to be brought back to life to die again the next.

Nobody remembers either of them afterwards.

(A/N: (^∇^) Any questions? Comment them!)