¹ kiyoko, darling

Y/N'S POV

tapping your fingers on the table frustratedly, you stared at your unfinished food. the whole nekoma volleyball team was eating in a restaurant, and you as their manager, had to come as well (yamamoto actually just forced you to come).

'how do i confess to her?!'

kuroo, who was beside you, looked at you in worry as you dramatically sighed. "hey, l/n, what's wrong with you?"

"...kiyoko..."

"huh?"

"shimizu kiyoko!" you exclaimed, looking at him. "the beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous, insert all positive adjectives manager of the karasuno volleyball team!"

he nodded, "oh... your best friend! what about her?"

"she likes her." kenma said out of nowhere as his thumbs played on the gamepad. your jaw dropped, slowly glancing at the pudding head as if he betrayed you.

"k-kenma?! i told you it's a secret!"

"you never told me it is."

"oh? i see," kuroo smirked, crossing his arms. "so you're thinking of confessing your love to her?"

"well, yeah... before christmas."

"our manager is getting older!" yamamoto cried.

"ooh, i can help you, l/n-chan!" lev exclaimed, though his words are muffled since there's still food in his mouth.

"dumbass, you'll just fuck it up." yaku rolled his eyes, causing the russian male to dramatically hit his own chest with his hand.

"ouch!"

you just laughed at them while mumbling a 'thanks'. kuroo crossed his arms to his chest and hummed. "hmm, maybe do like a lyric prank on her or something?"

you tilted your head, nodding slowly. "oh... but what song?"

"you know that song you've been blasting almost every day during practice?" inuoka asked. you were confused for a while, then it hit you.

"'j-jenny'...?"

"jenny, darling, you're my best friend!" lev sang as if to tease you. "who's jenny though?"

oh god.

"guys..." you covered your face with your hands, making the third-years laugh. "okay, fine. i'll do it." as soon as you grabbed your phone, their eyes were on you. "what?"

"go on." kuroo ruffled your hair. you clicked your tongue and fixed your hair, opening your phone and tapped on you and kiyoko's conversation.

──

kiyoko, darling, you're my best friend

──

"you actually did it..." kenma peeked on your phone and you smiled nervously.

"yeah."

──

kiyoko, darling, you're my best friend

y/n, you're my best friend as well.
is there something wrong?

but there's a few things that you don't know of

what is it?

why i borrow your lipstick so often

oh. you can keep it, it's okay.

i'm using your shirt as a pillowcase
read

──

"she just left me on read!" you covered your face in embarrassment.

"she's typing, look." kuroo pointed at your phone.

──

i'm using your shirt as a pillowcase

really?

i wanna ruin our friendship
we should be lovers instead
i don't know how to say this
'cause you're really my dearest friend
read