² i wanna ruin our friendship

Y/N'S POV

three days had passed since kiyoko left you on read. you were worried, of course, but kuroo said not to text her until she responds.

'what if she says something after that?' you remember him asking you that question, making you scoff lightly as you laid down on your bed.

"and what if she doesn't... she might think i'm weird or something." you mumbled to yourself.

──

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"AHHH! y/n-senpai actually sent you that?!" yachi's voice echoed throughout the locker room, then she immediately slapped her mouth when she realized how loud she was.

kiyoko just chuckled at her. "yes, and it's been three days. i feel bad leaving her on read but i couldn't think of what to say," she said, "could you help me, hitoka-chan?"

the blonde panicked internally, looking around. "u-uh... um....."

kiyoko blinked twice before laughing again. "it's okay, you don't have to."

"w-wait! i... i think i have an idea."

──

Y/N'S POV

the boys just finished their practice, and you had been whining for the past 5 minutes as you gave them their water bottles. kuroo tilted his head. "oi, l/n. just wait for it, okay? trust me. if she replies, you will give me something for christmas."

"whatever, rooster head." you sighed, sitting beside him. "but like... she never leaves me on read that long."

"just. wait."

"okay. fine."

nekomata stood up from his seat and walked towards all of you, announcing, "everyone, i'll be hosting a christmas party on the 19th. karasuno, fukurodani, and other teams are invited."

the boys cheered, and your heart skipped a beat when you heard 'karasuno'. she'll probably be there as well.

and you couldn't wait.

as you all said your goodbyes to the team, you walked back home with kenma and kuroo. the three of you just talked about some stuff when your phone vibrated from your pocket. you grabbed it and check the notification, making you gasp.

kiyoko...

──

y/n, darling, you're my best friend

──

"you're right, kuroo! she actually texted me." you muttered under your breath, making kuroo let out a proud laugh.

"see? i may look dumb but i'm actually a genius."

"...no one asked." kenma said before playing his games, and kuroo scowled at him.

"i— you wound me, kenma."

"good."

"i'll take that gaming console of yours!"

you shook your head at them before looking back to your phone again. despite knowing the whole lyrics, you decided to join the fun just because.

──

y/n, darling, you're my best friend

...kiyoko? 😳

i've been doing bad things that you don't know about.

omg
like what??

stealing your stuff now and then.

oh... but how?

nothing you'd miss, but it means the world to me.

kiyokoooo :( <3

i wanna ruin our friendship, we should be lovers instead.
i don't know how to say this, 'cause you're really my dearest friend.