|1|Let's Race [Origin]

"Faker, you don't stand a chance against me." Shadow said in a cocky but annoyed tone. The two rivals were starting their "Who's the fastest" races again.

"Ha! Shads you know I beat you many times in the past." Sonic spoke cockily.

"As if, it was a close tie anyways but today I WILL win this time hedgehog" the black and red striped hedgehog rolled his eyes as they both met the starting point of their race.

The azure one grinned at his emo lookalike. The agent just growled and began to count.

"3"
"2" Sonic continued
"1"
"Go!" The rivals darted across their racing course at high speeds.

Sonic was in the lead smiling and grinning, but not to long after Shadow caught his eye as they were racing at the same speed. They were close to the finish line when Sonic tripped over a rock.

He fell on top of his rival, their bodies pressing, caressing against eachother, fitting perfectly.

"Agh! Hedgehog I could have uh w-won.." The crimson one's growls then turned in stutters. "Get off me!"

"I-I uhh r-right" Sonic came to his senses and stood up, giving Shadow a hand. The emo refused to take it and stood up on his own.

"You annoy me! I could have won this damn race." The ruby eyed hedgehog growled once again.

"S-Sorry?" The emerald green eyed hedge apologized in a nervous tone.

"Whatever Faker. I won anyways." Shadow crossed his arms after dusting himself off.

"Whatever you say Shadz" Sonic shrugged.

The project was beginning to walk away when Sonic stopped him.

"What now hedgehog?" Ruby red striped agent growled.

"I-I uh, do you want a rematch?" The royal blue asked. Shadow stood their watching Sonic and asking himself why his counterpart was so adorable and... CUTE! Why was he having these thoughts what was going on. Does he love him?!?! He thought to himself.

"Uh yeah, sure, why not..." Shadow responded coming out of his "gross" thoughts. He began to walk off not looking behind him. Once in private a red string creating loops of hearts was shown, it became tighter as he walked. He didn't look though he couldn't care less as he was told he can't feel love or experience it. Sure he thought he felt it for his long gone friend...Maria...but he shook it off as the phrase "you can never love or experience it" continued to loop in his head.

Meanwhile the blue blue adored having a soulmate but not knowing which they were made his chest heavy. He wanted to know so badly that somedays he would run to where the string was headed it always disappeared when they, he or she, was close by to him.

Oh how much he wanted to follow after it now, he wished everyday that maybe he would know who his lovely soulmate was.

Or maybe he would find out soon...