Chapter 8: Gone

Chapter 8: Gone

"They're gone!" I shout, looking at Ave with a worried look.

"What in the world happened here?" Headmaster Prospero asked, with an angry expression on his face.

"I'm sorry headmaster!" I apologize, starting to gain tears in my eyes.

"King! Don't apologize, we didn't do anything wrong, it was they who did." Raven whispers in my ear.

"It was them Headmaster, I just saw those two and the rest sneaking into here, and now they're gone somewhere...probably used a cloaking spell or something." Daniel Peters mumbles, saying the last part quietly.

"The watch." Headmaster Prosepero gasps, looking at his desk.

"Well..."

"Kinglsey, no." Raven shouts, but I spill the truth anyway.

"We came here to steal the pocket watch because it was the only thing that Gwen had left of her parents." I speed.

"They have gone to the Unknown Realm...they're gone." he says.

"The what?" Raven asks the headmaster.

"Well Miss Whitlock, there is this realm where all the unknown things in the world go too, evil, dangerous things. The golden watch was severely broken so it malfunctioned and brought everyone there."

"So they're not coming back?" I ask quietly, tears spilling from my eyes, like waterworks.

"I'm afraid they're not, unless....there might be a way. One of my old dear friends, Lord Perseus Skyrim, if they're lucky, he might help them. I just need a way to contact him." Hadmaster Prospero says.

"Leave that to me and Raven." I say, wiping my tears, having a glimmer of hope.

"Thank you Miss Alastair and Whitlock, Mr Peters I encourage you to help them to get your friend Vance back."

"Fine." Daniel grumbles, following us out the door.

"Lets go to the library, we might find something there." I suggest, liking my arm through Raven's. Raven in reality is a really kind person but everybody thinks she's scary which I perhaps don't understand.

"Ways to communicate with the dead?" I ask, reading the title of a thick book I popped off from the shelf.

"But they're not dead King, what about, the Unknown Realm." Raven corrects me.

"Sure, that makes more sense."

"I'll go look for more." Daniel mutters, walking away.

"You're supposed to help us Peters not run away like a little kid." Raven spits after him.

"Let's just ignore him, he's a fool."

I flip open to the first page of the parchment paper, there was a small table of contents.

"Ways to communicate." Raven reads aloud, flipping to the page it's on.

"Well there's a picture of the watch but that won't help us anymore."

"Look!" I exclaimed, pointing to the small paragraph written on the page.

"An enchanted bag?" she asks with an uncertain expression on her face.

"How is that supposed to help? A bag?"

"Wait, it says here that you can pass down things from this world into other realms or dimensions." I read.

"Where do we get this magic bag?" Daniel asks, walking up to us.

"Well look who finally decided to help." Raven mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"Ave, don't be so rude. Maybe there might be more information on here."

"We could ask the headmaster about this bag?"

"King, let's not bother him, maybe we could go to the maine magic town square and ask the antique shop owner if he's heard of this." Raven suggests.

"That's actually not that bad Whitlock." Daniel compliments.

We walk to the mirror room and Raven zaps the mirror, as we step into the portal.

"Look it's there." I point, as we rush past the wand shop.

I walk into the antique treasure shop, opening the door with a loud bell jingle.

"Hello students of Denneria, how may I help you?" the shopkeeper asks, spotting us three.

"Do you happen to have an enchanted bag? They type that you can transport objects to different dimensions er - realms?" I ask politely.

"Let me go check if I have it." she casually says, disappearing somewhere.

"We don't have all day." Gabriel says under his breath.

"Shhh." I shush him as the owner comebacks.

"Is this what you're searching for?" she asks.

"Yes, I believe it is." I answer glancing at Raven.

"That would be a hundred sixty five pount sterling silver."

"A hundred and sixty five?" Raven repeats.

"Raven! Here you go mam." I smile, nudging Ave casually on the side of her hip.

"Thank you." she smiles, wrapping the brown leather bag in parchment.

"That's a waste of parchment." Gabriel grumbles.

"Peters, be quiet." Raven says stepping on his foot.

"Oh - I remember when I was young, well off you go." the lady smiles warmly, waving us off.

"Come one."

"Accio." Gabriel says, and we appear back in the mirror room.

"Does this actually work?" I ask as we make our way to the headmaster's office.

"I suppose, she won't sell us a fake, will she?" Raven questions.

"Ah- I see you've found the solution." Headmaster Prospero says.

"Yes we have, there is a bag that lets you send things to different dimensions or realms." I say.

"Let's put it to use, shall we?"

Headmaster Prosepero takes a small piece of parchment and puts it in the back.

"What did you write sir?" Gabriel asks.

"I told them that everything will be okay and we are trying our hardest to get them out."

"I hope they get it...." I say worried, hoping that they come back, and find a way.