Part 1

It was just another normal day and Oikawa was getting ready to head out for school. He got there early and just decided to practise while he waited for the others to show up. This was normal for Oikawa, he always got there early to get a bit more practise in. The next person to arrive there was Iwaizumi. As usual he always arrives just after Oikawa.

Iwaizumi: Hey, you're here early again.

Oikawa: Heyyy iwa-chann. How are you?

Iwaizumi: I'm fine. But i don't think you should be playing so early in the morning, you might hurt your knee more.

Oikawa: Awwhhh, is Iwa-chan worried for me~. Haha i'm fine, this is nothing.

Iwaizumi: Still...

After school, Oikawa is at home checking videos of other teams playing since they have an upcoming match. Suddenly Oikawa starts coughing really badly. 

Oikawa: Wth, why am I coughing so much? Ughh, it feels like there's something stuck in my throat.

He starts coughing out flower petals.

Oikawa: WTFF, what is this. Why are there petals here. And why did I just cough them up. Whatever, it's late i should probably go to sleep. 

Oikawa wakes up in the middle of the night coughing really badly.

Oikawa: Not again... Ugh this hurts. haah there's petals everywhere now. I can't even sleep properly, every time I lie down i just feel like coughing again. 

In the morning, Oikawa wakes up late because during the night he had been waking up repeatedly due to his coughing.

Oikawa: Hmm, what time is it? *Looks over at the clock* Aghh, i'm gonna be late. Oh no. 

Oikawa runs to school, but still gets there late.

Mattsun: Where were you Oikawa? It's not like you to be late.

Oikawa: Sorry, I just overslept.

Mattsun: Whatever, just make sure to get here on time tomorrow.

They all started practice and it was Oikawa's turn spike, but as soon as he jumped he could feel the cough coming. He dropped the ball and quickly ran toward the toilet covering his mouth.

Makki: What's up with him today, first he was late and now he just ran out of the gym.

Mattsun: I think he's sick. Iwaizumi, go check on him.

Iwaizumi: Hmm? Okay.

| Meanwhile with Oikawa |

Oikawa: Oml, what's wrong with me? Why am i coughing so much? And why the hell did i have to cough while practising. Ughh, I feel sick. So many petals... But they're so pretty. They're the same colour as Iwa-chan's favourite colour. I wonder why. Would he be happy to see these? I wanna show him these so much. I'll just put them in a little bag to keep them safe.

Iwaizumi walks into the toilet, luckily Oikawa had already cleaned up

Iwaizumi: Oi are you alright? Why did you suddenly rush off?

Oikawa: O-oh I just felt sick. I'm fine though, don't worry. 

Oikawa gave a fake smile.

Iwaizumi: Whatever, I wasn't worried. I only came because Mattsun told me too.

Oikawa: Oh...

Iwaizumi: Anyways if you're fine lets go back to practise. You were already late so don't waste more time.

Oikawa: Haha, ok.

| After school |

Oikawa: Hmm, I should probably go to the doctors to see what's wrong with me. 

| At the doctors|

Doc: So, could you explain your symptoms so i can figure out what's going on?

Oikawa: Well yesterday, I suddenly started coughing badly and I noticed that some petals had fallen as well. It seemed to come from my mouth.

Doc: Hmm, let me ask you something. Is there someone you like in a non-platonic way?

Oikawa: Huh? Umm well, yes there is...

Doc: And the petals were the same colour as your crushes favourite colour right?

Oikawa: YES, they were! I don't know why but they were.

Doc: Well I seem to know what's going on. I'm afraid you have a disease called Hanahaki...

Oikawa: Huh? What's that? Disease? What do you mean?

| After explaining |

Oikawa: You're kidding... So, I can die from this?

Doc: I'm afraid so. It's not very common. In fact, Hanahaki is quite rare. But there is a way to cure it.

Oikawa: Really? That's great. What is it?

Doc: Well the first way is to confess and if your feelings are returned then you'll be cured. The other way is that you can have a surgery.

Oikawa: A surgery? That's great.

Doc: The only thing with that is, that your feelings for your crush will also vanish.

Oikawa: Oh...

Doc: I suggest you go home now and decide quickly whether you want surgery or not. But be quick if you take too long to decide it might be too late.

To Be Continued...