Chapter 2

(Content: little bit of fluff, angst, swearing)

I've got to stop underestimating her.

As good as Yuri was at the game, Natsuki absolutely mopped the floor with her. The constant string of loses actually infuriated Yuri to the point where she started cursing her girlfriend out over it. Natsuki, meanwhile, was basking in Yuri's frustration, laughing her ass off whenever Yuri would swear and happily accepting her girlfriend's continuous demands for rematches. It was so out of character to see Yuri this loud and angry at a video game, of all things, and Natsuki found it absolutely hilarious. After two solid hours of this, Yuri eventually had enough.

"Fine, I quit!" Yuri screamed, throwing her remote at the TV.

"Oh, no! We're not done here, Yuri," Natsuki scolded, trying to hold herself together. "You need to say it."

"What?" Yuri deadpanned.

"You know what I'm talking about!" Natsuki replied, waving a finger at the purple-haired girl. "We made a deal the first time you lost; now say it."

"Oh, piss off!"

"After you say it!"

"You're really gonna make me do this?"

"Girl, I've been whooping your ass at this for two hours waiting for this; now say it!"

"Ugh!! Fine!!" Yuri groaned. She looked at the floor and mumbled, "...You're the pro."

Feeling victorious, Natsuki chortled and whooped, cockily dancing in her seat. Yuri, partially amused and partially infuriated, playfully shoved a giggling Natsuki to the couch, laughing and screaming the phrase "Oh, jump up your own ass and die!!!"

"Ohh! Houston, we have noo problems!" Natsuki sighed, the most self-righteous look on her face.

"Yeah, yeah, you take that W," Yuri muttered. "And one of these to go along with it!" She flipped Natsuki off, and the smaller girl started cackling.

"Damn, Yuri! I didn't know you could be so prickly when it comes to video games!"

"Hey! Mario Kart is serious business!" Yuri shouted, trying and failing to keep a straight face.

"Yeah. Sure." Natsuki scoffed.

The two sat in silence for a little while, Yuri glaring at the smirking Natsuki wild-western movie style. The bookworm did all she could to channel her indignation into the most menacing look she could muster, but Natsuki was unfazed. The face-off lasted about ten seconds before Yuri finally busted out laughing, Natsuki immediately following suit.

"Oh, my!" Yuri exclaimed through her fit of laughter. She buried her head in her hands and added, "T-That was so vulgar of me!"

"Yuri, that was awesome!" Natsuki replied. "I never knew you could be so savage!"

"Neither did I," Yuri admitted with a shy shrug. "Honestly, this side of me came out of nowhere."

"Well, you're gonna have to let me keep kickin' your ass in Mario Kart, so I can see this side of you more often," Natsuki joked, poking Yuri in the side a few times; Yuri jumped at the sudden contact and laughed harder as Natsuki added, "Because this is the most entertaining thing I've ever seen in my life."

"Why, you little-" Yuri half-growled, half-laughed. She stood up and stomped towards the TV yelling, "That's it!! I rescind my forfeit!" She picked her controller up off of the floor and stormed to the couch. "Best girl and I are gonna take your ass down under!"

"Okay; first of all," Natsuki spat, clapping her hands together for emphasis, "Rosalina is not best girl, not by a long shot; Daisy's where it's at, so shut up! Second of all, you've been saying that for the last two hours, so shut up!"