CHAPTER 04

Regulus woke up the next morning with a splitting headache.

He had gone through the rest of the night drinking alone in his room, he ended up leaving the dinner soon after the dance and took a shot of whiskey whenever he thought of Astrid.

That resulted in him passing out in his dress robes and waking up at 11 am on a Saturday morning completely confused.

He didn't really feel like doing anything today, his cousins and half the school would be going to Hogsmeade at around 12 leaving him alone for about 3 hours.

Regulus looked outside at the snow-covered grass, it was cold, why would people want to go out knowing it's cold?

His mind wandered back to Astrid. He could almost smell her bubblegum scent, almost feel his hand around her waist.

"Reggie don't tell me you're still asleep," Casper said laughing at his little cousin's sleep-deprived state.

Casper looked around the room Regulus was now sitting in the middle off. It was clean with nothing out of place, the smell of cigarettes and booze however lingered in the air.

"With the way you left yesterday night, I thought you were coming up here with a girl." He remarked as Regulus stood up and headed to the window for a smoke. He watched as his cousin lit up a cigarette not paying attention that he had company.

"You know you really mustn't smoke those nasty things." He said taking it out of a Regulus' slim fingers and dropping it on the floor.

Regulus watched numbly as a smart dress shoe squished his last cigarette. Now he would have to go to Hogsmeade to get some more.

"Are you going to talk to me or are you just going to sit here?" Casper asked snapping a finger in front of his eyes.

"You don't have to do that." He said pushing his cousin's fingers away from his face "And that was my last one so I would appreciate it if you would leave."

Regulus got up and began shoving the empty bottles and stubbed cigarettes into his bin.

"Whatever mate. Just want to tell you to meet up at Hogsmeade at 2 pm in the three broomsticks. Our parents arranged that we meet someone there." Casper said before walking out and leaving a very confused Regulus.

Who could we be meeting there?

"The dark lord" he muttered under his breath; could he really be meeting a man who was just a whisper, a phantom for so many years.

And though everyone knew he was behind the majority of the attacks carried out throughout the last couple of years, the ministry was more focused on preventing the attacks than going for the main source.

Voldemort was like a whisper compared to the violence The Daily Prophet wrote about every day.

But then again why would his parents arrange we meet someone like that; whatever the meeting was about he knew that it wasn't going to be good.

He scratched his head, muscles still feeling heavy from the night before.

He could really do with a smoke.

***

"So is everyone down with the plan?" James asked again as his four best friends huddled together on his bed.

They all nodded as he brought out his invisibility coat. James had gotten it from his father, who got it from his father; the coat had gotten them out of a lot of trouble so only the people around him now knew of the existence.