Chapter 2:

-Zayn-

 I blink awake and roll over onto my side. I almost yelp when I see something moving through my room. I freeze, not moving as the person climbs into bed with me.

That’s when I recognize the big blue eyes and long black hair.

Nell.

“Nelly?” I mumble. “What are you doing up?”

“Hi,” she whispers, cuddling up next to me, her face resting on my chest.

She sniffles.

“I just had a bad dream,” she murmurs quietly. I wrap my arm around her and pull her closer to me, kissing her head.

“Do you need to talk about?” I ask, trying to sound fatherly. She sighs.

“No, I’m fine,” she says, her soft breath falling on my arm.

“I love you, Nelly,” I say.

But she’s already asleep.

************************************************************

I jerk awake, rolling over and finding myself on the floor.

“Ow,” I mutter tiredly. I sit up and stretch my arms.

Then I remember Nell.

I peak over the side of the bed to see if she’s there but the bed is empty.

I yawn. She’s probably already up.

I pick myself off the floor and pull on a t-shirt while stumbling down the stairs.

I saunter into the kitchen and find all the boys sitting at the table, stuffing pancakes into their mouths.

Who made pancakes?

“So, I took the liberty of making breakfast,” Nell says, grinning from behind the stove, a spatula in one hand and a pan in the other.

“I hope you don’t mind,” she says, putting a plate down in front of me and sliding a pancake on to my plate. I stare up at her in shock.

“These aw reawy gow,” Niall says, through bites. Harry nods and takes a sip of his orange juice.

“No kidding,” he says, smiling.

I look over at Nell again.

“When did you become such a good cook?” I ask, impressed. She blushes, sadness hovering in her eyes.

“Well, mom sometimes had to go to work super early, so I guess I just learned on my own,” she says, shrugging.

I grin and smother my pancake in butter and syrup before I take a big bite out of it.

The pancake’s fluffy inside and crumbly warm outside mixed in with the sweet syrup and butter make it taste like heaven.

I laugh.

“Nelly! This is so good!” I say, taking another bite.

She grins and walks over to the fridge pulling out another egg and cracking it into a bowl, while flipping another pancake.

She eyes Niall as he shoves another pancake into his mouth.

“Niall’s on his fifth one,” she says, nervously. “Should I be worried?”

We all laugh and Niall grins sheepishly.

“Nope, you should get used to it,” Liam says, shaking his head. "he has some serious food issues."