As Long As You Love Me Chapter 3 (Zayn Malik and Cher Lloyd Fic)

The room was white, and smelled strongly of disinfectant.

Meaning I didn't die.

I fluttered my eyes. Zayn. I wanted Zayn.

"Wheres Zayn?" I asked the nurse, who was refilling my IV. "I'm right here, baby." Zayn said, grabbing my hand. "I'm so sorry." I said, sobbing. "Shh, baby, it's okay." He said, wrapping his arms around me. "Kat?" I asked. "She's fine, she's staying with Louis and Eleanor for the weekend." he said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm so glad you're alive," he said, a tear slipping from his eye. "Please don't cry." I said, a few tears slipping from my eyes. "I love you so much." he cried, pulling me back into his arms. "Still got that ring?" I smiled. He nodded, slipping the ring back on to my hand, where it belonged.

"Mommy?" Kat asked as I placed her flower crown on her head. "Yes baby?" I replied. "What's a wedding?" she asked. I smiled and got on my knees to be eye level with her. "A wedding is like a party where a boy and a girl who love each other very much, get married." I smiled. "Okay." Kat smiled, running off to play. Then there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" I called, fixing my necklace. "Hey beautiful." Zayn said "ZAYN!" I screamed, "You can't see the bride early! That's bad luck!" I said, turning around. He wrapped his arms around his waste. "I almost lost you, there's nothing worse than that." he said. I sighed, and gave in, turning around. "Fine. but seriously, you need to go." I said, pushing him out the door. "Okay, I'm going. See you in a few." he said.

As I walked down that aisle, I began to wonder what this day might've been like if my plan hadn't have fallen through. Would this have been my funeral rather than my wedding? I couldn't think of that now. What mattered was I was alive, and in a few moments, I would be married to the man of my dreams. I finally reached Zayn, and we held each others hands. Finally we said our vows, and we kissed, the most beautiful, amazing kiss I ever experienced. And I'm glad to say it was with Zayn.

"Have a good day!" I smiled at Kat. I was dropping her off for her first day of 1st grade. Where had the time gone?! I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. "There she goes." Zayn whispered in my ear, placing a kiss on my neck. I nodded, Tears streaming down my face. With that, Zayn took my hand, and helped me into the car. I watched out the window as the school turned into a barely visible dot in the horizon.