3. The Mikaelsons

Rebekah's POV

I just frying egg, bacon and etc... until I heard footsteps running downstairs, I smile and turn round to see Melina excited ran and hugged me before said good morning then she took a seat.

"Good morning sweetie, I hope you slept well." I said smile and carry on cooking breakfast.

"I did, thank you. Did you?" She asked.

"I did too." I said before putting foods on plate and pass to Melina who quickly eating in such hurry, I laugh... "hey calm down before you choke." She apologised and I said it's fine.

I'm so nervous that my family are coming over today about this Melina situation and I haven't told them why I asked them to come because I was worried what they will say or do to Melina.

Melina just sitting on the couch and watching a tv like I told her to while we wait for my family.

I heard knock on the door, I went to answer it and let them in.

"So you left to move on and yet you asked us to come over? What is it?" Freya asked curious.

"And who is the child?" Elijah asked point to the little girl on the couch, watching a tv.

"That why I asked you come over here because of her." I said, they all look at me for more explanation, "her family was killed last night by vampires." I added, Hayley and Freya seem shocked and look at how young she is.

"Gosh she is so young!" Freya said.

"And you bought her here, why?" Klaus asked.

"She doesn't want to go the orphanage since she doesn't have any relatives to taken care of her." I said... they look at me again, still wanting more explanation, "I'd try explain to her that someone will help her to find new family and she complains she doesn't want go in the orphanage so someone can find her new family. I didn't have choices so I let her stayed here." I said, Klaus gently pull me closer.

"You know it's not safe for her." Klaus said.

"You think I don't know that." I said, "plus she knows about us." I added.

"Knows what?" Hayley asked curious.

"Us, what we are." I said they look so mad.

"You told her?!" Klaus shout furiously.

"She admitted she isn't afraid of us." I said.

"She is 7 years old, kids aren't thinking straight you know that." Elijah said.

"Not her... she's smart." I said look at Melina, "and she begged to stay with me." I look at them, "she asked me to be her mother. She knew that you could disagree about this."

"She's sound smart to be honest." Freya said.

"Thank you! I told you." I said finally someone agreed my side.

"You always want to have a kid." Hayley said smile, "you know you could always have her."

"Whatever make you happy, do it." Elijah said smile, I hugged him tightly as in thank you.

"Guys, she's human." Klaus said look at them like they forgot something.

"So is Cami, we protected her and she may get injures sometimes but still... she alive because of us." Hayley said, "another human won't harm in that, right?" She asked.

Klaus sighed, "Fine." He said, oh my god!

"Really?" I asked and he nodded, I smile and hugged him before went to Melina and break a news to her, she was so happy and hugged me.

"Are they your family?" Melina asked.

"Yeah they are." I said.

"Hello, I'm Elijah Mikaelson. Pleasure to meet you." He said hold out his hand to shake her hand and she shakes back at him.

"I'm Freya Mikaelson, Rebekah's oldest sister." She smile sweetly and shake Melina hand.

"Klaus Mikaelson." Klaus said smirked.

"I'm Hayley Marshall and this is Hope." Hayley said lift Hope up a bit, "Klaus is dad." She added.

"You have huge family." Melina said to me, we all laughed at her comment.

"Why don't you tell them your name." I asked.

"I'm Melina Lewis." She said smile happily.

"Awe Melina is a such beautiful name just like you." Freya said in awe, Melina giggles.

~

It's during lunch time now and I'm making sandwiches for Melina, Freya and Hayley while Hayley feeding Hope herself with Elijah helping me... I see Klaus playing with Melina outside garden, doing football while Freya and Hayley watched with Hope on her lap, I smile.

"You're happy." Elijah said notice my face.

"I don't need to worry about moving on, I have a daughter now." I said he smile and look at his new niece into his family.

"Do you think you could come back to New Orleans?" He asked look at me, I sighed.

"I think she's safe here. New Orleans had lots troubles and I can't risk it." I said.

"It's okay, I understand. I could've done same." He said...

"You could?" I asked surprise at his sentence.

"Yes I could." He said, I smile at him.

"Thank you." I said he seem confused, "for accepting Melina join our families and for me to keep her and raise her." I added.

"You're welcome, you deserve it." He said.

"That what I love about you." I said he smile and kiss my forehead before take plates to outside and I followed him behind.