Linny The Yule Ball Chapter 1

It was two days until the Yule ball. Everyone in Hogwarts was talking about it; everyone except Luna Lovegood who was sitting in the library reading the newest edition of the quibbler. Ginny Weasley was sitting across from her finishing up her DADA essay on hinkypunks.

"Aha" Ginny exclaimed. "I'm done! Finished! No more work throughout Christmas."

"Well done Ginny." Luna said a little dazed. "We can go down for some pudding once you put that book away."

"I'll be right back." declared Ginny, getting up.

She walked past Viktor Krum's Fan group, who were watching him read from behind a bookshelf, debating asking him to the ball, and rolled her eyes. As Ginny put her book away in the aisle across from Viktor Krum, she looked over and saw that he kept glancing up to look at a bushy haired someone half rising from his seat then sitting down again. Ginny smiled; she would've thought international quidditch players would have more courage. She walked over to him and sat down. Krum looked up surprised.

"Hello." He said with his thick accent.

"I notice you're looking at my friend over there." Replied Ginny.

Krum looked flustered, "Vell I vos just-"

"It's fine, don't worry. I just wanted to give you some tips." Said Ginny with a laugh.

Krum smiled a little. "Vos it that bad?

"Very painful to watch." Ginny said. "Her name is Hermione Granger, she is an amazing person, very smart, loves to read and really funny. She likes to help people and is interested in equality. But nothing that I just told you is going to help if you don't go over there and talk to her!"

"Thank you- eh."

"-Ginny Weasley."

"Vell, thank you Ginny." He said with a smile. "I vill."

"No problem, but just know, if you hurt her, I will hunt you down." Ginny smiled, waggled her fingers and left. She walked past Krum's fan group who were all gaping at the nerve of her just sitting down across from him.

"Ready for some pudding, Luna?" Ginny asked swinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Oh yes, I'm starving." Replied Luna taking Ginny's hand and pulling her towards the great hall. Ginny smiled at the feel of Luna's delicate thin fingers between hers. She waved at Hermione on the way out who didn't even notice her; she was so absorbed in the conversation she was having with a certain international quidditch player.

Hi Guys!

Yay! I love Linny they're so cute! All of these chapters will be really short :/ Sorry. I hope you like it tho. Stay safe, I love all of you! (If anyone ever reads this.)

-Neo