Prologue: Crocea Mors

The Bullhead flew quickly back to where Jaune and Tyrian had their fight, and as they flew everyone was scared. Scared to find Jaune dead in the snow. Ruby, Ren, Nora, and Fiona knew just how strong Tyrian truly was, however, Jaune was strong in his own right and he was a leader, surely he at least had a plan, the only question now was... did it had work?

"We're here!" Maria cried

Fiona quickly opened the side doors of the bullhead and looked out and jumped out of the bullhead with everyone's shock.

"Fi!" Cried Joanna

She was then followed by Nora and Ren

"Guys!" Ruby called out

The three landed and looked around. Fiona smelled the air and followed his scent with Ren and Nora behind her. She then saw where the scent had stopped. The edge of the crater and near it was Jaune's shield. Fiona was in disbelief, and she prayed to all the gods that ever existed that she was wrong. Ren and Nora saw where she stopped and they too, hoped that she was wrong

"Well if it isn't the *hrk*... the little Lamb"

The three turned around only to see Tyrian Callows, sat against a large rock with a gaping wound in his side bleeding from it. Jaune's sword, Crocea Mors, was just a few feet away from him stained with blood and in the snow. Ren was the first to move and walk towards Tyrian and kneeled and grabbed the Faunus by the sides of his clothes.

"What happened to him!?" Ren yelled

"Ren stop!" Nora cried out

"You better tell me the truth or I swear by the brothers I'll finish what Jaune started!" Ren yelled

Tyrian chuckled and coughed as blood dripped from his mouth and he looked at them

"He got me... but I got him," Tyrian said with a smile "He fell..." Tyrian said

The three's fear of what had happened to their friend was now true. Ren, feeling nothing but rage, pulled out his gun and was about to finish off Tyrian, however, before he could a bolt had embedded itself into the man's skull killing him. Ren was shocked and turned to Fiona, who had her weapon drawn and her crossbow was still aimed at Tyrian. Ren had noticed the tears in her eyes and he holstered his gun and looked at both Nora and Fiona.

"Let's... Let's go" Ren said "We leave him for the Grimm"

Nora nodded and Fiona turned around and walked to the crater and picked up his shield and turned it back into a sheath. Knowing what she was doing and having the same idea, Ren picked up Jaune's sword and wiped the blood off just as Fiona walking toward him and handed him the Sheath, he took it sheathed the sword, before handing it to Fiona. Fiona looked at him with a bit of confusion.

"I think you should hold onto it for now..." Ren told her "When this is all over and if we make it out... we'll return the sword to his sister in Argus"

Fiona looked at him and sniffled and wiped the tears in her eyes and nodded.

Just then they heard the others coming and turned to see Ruby, Penny, Weiss, and Yang run to them and they stopped as they saw the sad and grim looks on the three's faces. It was at this point that Ruby fell to her knees and began to cry with the other three girls comforting her, and as Ruby cried, Fiona let the tears fall as did Nora and Ren turned to her and held her tight as tears slowly fell from his face as well.

Jaune Arc was Gone...