Chapter 23

It's Friday night,and I'm pondering whether I should attend Roz's party or not. On one hand,I could have a great time and get my mind off of my mom. And maybe a part of me wants to spend time with Roz. Oh God,gross. Have to categorize that one under the negatives.

Speaking of negatives,Becky and Michelle will definitely be there and I could do without the baby-momma drama. Plus, I hate a majority of everyone anyone. I groan and stare at my ceiling,when my phone rings. I reluctantly pick it up. Before I can say anything,Roz screams to get off my lazy ass and go to my driveway
"Roz,I'm not going-"

"Sorry. Can't you hear over how much fun you'd have if you came. Plus I'm not leaving till you get down here." He rants. "You'd be disappointing a lot of alcoholic adolescents!"

"Is that supposed to persuade me?" I laugh. There's silence.

"Or I could come in and get you." Roz says seductively. My heart leaps out of my chest,and I hold in my curiosity. This is not Fifty Shades of Gray,Callie,keep your cool.

"Oh sorry. My mom says no dogs in the house." I fire back quickly.

"Ouch." Roz says,dodging my rejection. I giggle,and to my surprise I sound sorta cute. Normally my laugh is disgusting. Well,better not question it.
"Just get down here." Roz laughs,and then hangs up.

I bite my lip with excitement. This the first time anyone has ever tried to get me to socialize. Could he really care about me? Or is this some stunt he's pulling?
I throw caution to the wind,and jump to my mirror. My long blonde locks are in a messy bun. I quickly pull it out,trying my best to not make it look flat. I have a tee on (which I have no intention of changing out of) and some jeans. Good enough. I look at myself one last time,before leaping out the door.

Roz is leaning against his truck,and smiles charmingly when I come out. "Hey,Shortie."

"Hi." I say nervously. "I have to warn you. I've never been to a party."

"Never?" He says,with fake shock. "I would've never guessed."

"I know. I'm just so popular." I giggle.
Roz opens the passenger door open for me,and diligently lets me in. "Such a gentleman." I say sarcastically.

"Don't be jealous I get laid more than you do." He smiles.

"Don't be jealous that I can't get anyone pregnant."

"At least I can't get pregnant!" Roz grins. I have nothing else to say,since something meaner than intended would come out, so I stay silent. Plus the pregnant thing got me thinking of Becky. She called me a slut. Why would she say that? It's not like Roz is my boyfriend,or anything.

"What's up with you,Callie? The past couple days you've be more quiet than usual." He says,sounding concerned. I shrug. My mom seems to hate me,my dad is dead,and apparently I am a slut.
"Nothing."

"Are you sure?" Roz asks. "You don't have to be such a trooper all the time,Cal."

"I'm fine,Roz. Don't worry about it." I assure him. That was strange. We pull up to Roz's little cottage house,and already the place is packed and music is vibrating the road. "Wow." I gasp. So many people in once people(and it isn't school)!

"I know right. New kids get all the buzz." He says,sounding proud of himself. Well... Let's go to a party??