CONFESSIONS

(Micheal's POV )

What was I thinking. Idiot. She wasn't ready and you ruined it. You will never get a chance like that again. The plan the plan..... How did you forget the plan. Let her come to you or it's going to be worse than now. Oh why couldn't he control himself around her.

It seemed she made him throw all his principals out of the closest window. He ran his fingers through his hair. He didn't have time to worry about that now. He had work to do.

She was seated on the bed rocking Lindsay to sleep after her bottle of milk. It always surprised him how much babies sleep. After all they didn't do anything but cry and drink milk. Other than sleep that is.

He made a few quick calls and arranged Ellie's appointments for the day. If she was going be his wife she better look the part. Not that she didn't look great, she just needed some work in the clothes department.

She needed to look more refined and part of his world.

Once he had finished there was a tap on the door. Finally! God he had to talk to her about punctuality. He opened the door to a beautiful petite french girl. She smiled at him as she was let into the room.

As she came in Ellie came into the room and seeing the young french girl she paused and muttered something that sounded like, "I'll give you two some privacy." And started going back to the bedroom.

I stared at her retreating back and realized that she meant that she thought I was involved with the girl. "Ellie," I called her.

She turned around and looked me straight in the eye. I smiled at her audacity. No one ever looks at me in the eye.

"She's the babysitter,"

Her stance visibly relaxed and she smiled at the girl. " Oh!" She exclaimed. " I didn't know we were getting a babysitter." She gave the girl a forced smile.

The girl bowed and said "I am Maria. Where is the baby?" She inquired. Ellie pointed at the bedroom and the girl wasted no time to see the child. Well she seems competent. But only time will tell.

I looked down at Ellie and was surprised to see that she was frowning at me. "What?!" She looked strangely, angry. "If you were getting a babysitter why did you need me?"

Oh! So she thought she was the equivalent to a babysitter. " You are the baby's god mother. Not the baby sitter. I also need you to be my wife." I had the strangest satisfaction in calling her my wife. "Get dressed and come I need you out of my hair before I go."

She had just started to walk back to the room but as I finished talking she turned and looked back at me. "You're going out?" She looked surprised. I laughed. "I do run a large business you know?"

She looked down and muttered something. I didn't push her if she needed to talk to me she could do it directly. She went into the room and came out minutes later. If only all women dressed as fast as her, life would be so much easier

I opened the door and walked out. I heard her walking behind me as I walked down the corridor and into the elevator. She didnt say a word or ask for any explanation.

I didn't pause to see if she was behind me I knew it by instinct. I was so attuned to her presence. When she was in a room all my senses heightened, I knew where she was and what she was doing I just couldn't help myself. But it was just want, nothing else.....I wouldn't let it be anything else.

I took her to the another hotel room where the hair and makeup team had set up last night. She needed it...for such a beautiful woman she never wore makeup or anything. I loved her like that but as my wife it didnt matter what I thought, only what the rest of the world did.

I walked in and held open the door for her and took in her wide eyed expression at the whole crazy layout of makeup, hair products and a whole bunch of stuff-I didn't even know what they were- in front of her. Clearly this girl had never heard of a pamper session my sister claims she needs to survive.

Her mouth hung open and she looked ready to fall over. Her innocence and her openness was endearing and very much amusing. "They'll get you ready and done up I have a meeting to attend"

"Done up?"She looked confused. "Yeah..I need you to look like my wife remember they'll make that possible and make you look the part." A flash of hurt crossed her features and then a look of resignation.

"I understand. I am hardly what you would want for a wife. You're just trying to do what's right. I'll do my best to play the part." I looked at her...really looked at her for the first time. She had bowed her head a bit and was looking down at her feet but the shoulders were straight and stiff. She looked upset but strong snd I realized how much of an a** hole I sounded.

I looked at Kristen, who was in charge of this team and she immediately got the message. She snapped her fingers twice and briskly walked out holding the door open for everyone who followed her. Soon the room was empty and Kristen closed the door behind her with a wink in my direction. My staff really need to be less invested in my love life. It's like they wanted me to settle down with every woman I met.

Looks like they were about to get their wish. But as I looked down at my fiancé I felt so stupid. I was treating her like a toy. It had to stop.

She was still standing very sill looking down at her feet. But she had started fidgeting now. She was knotting her fingers and biting her bottom lip. I slowly lifted my hand and hooked a finer under her chin and gently raised her head and looked her right in the eyes.

Her beautiful brown eyes were shining slightly and I knew I had hurt her once again. I looked at her face her beautiful eyes, her full lips, her high cheekbones and all her amazing features. She deserved better than how I was treating her.

I took a deep breath and told her the two words I had never told anyone else in my entire life. " I'm sorry." Her eyes widened and she looked surprised. "For what?" She barely whispered the words.

"You are perfect jst the way you are but the press love to pick on people and I didn't want you to get caught in their critiques as a....."I trialed off. "Another one of your toys?"She muttered. I nodded wondering how she would take my explanation. It wasn't pretty but atleast it was the truth.

She exhaled and then gave me a watery smile. "Still doesn't change anything does it?" She sighed. I couldn't reply her I was too caught up in noticing how brave, single minded, caring and just beautiful she was I traced the back of my hand along her cheekbones and down the edge of her jawbone. She looked at me with those big brown eyes and I was swallowed into them. Ever so slightly I let my thumb reach her lips.

Her eyes closed and she sucked in a sharp breath. That did it for me. I leaned in and gently brushed me lips over hers and felt the same sparks I felt in the morning fly through my body. The fact that she didn't push me away gave me all the motivation I needed I deepened the kiss hungry for her and she responded with as much enthusiasm as me. Her hands were knotted in my hair and I held her close against me.

Maybe this wasn't sane maybe it was the stupidest idea ever. But we had chemistry. Chemistry like I'd never felt before. She finally pulled away. At first I thought she realized what happened and resented me. But before I started to panic I saw that she had stopped only to gasp for breath.

I smiled down at her as she kept her eyes away from mine. "Why do you do that?" I looked at her confused. "Do what?" She looked up at me. "Kiss me and then just leave me." I gaped at her. "That's what you're going to do right?" I froze.

Did she remember about last night I had thought she was asleep. Damn it!

"You did that twice today and I don't know how to react to that it's so sudden and..." She trailed off looking lost. I stepped back. "I'm sorry if it upsets you I won't do it anymore. But you better stop flinching every time I touch you or this isn't going to work out well."

I walked out immediately after that without stopping to look at her and let out the breath I'd been holding. She didnt know about the kiss last night. But she was right I had to stop kissing her at every opportunity. To her we were acting out a part and this was all unnecessary.

If only it was the same for me.....