part fourteen

-y/ n pov-"hey zach

-y/ n pov-
"hey zach... is this seat taken?" i asked "no" he said with a slight smile, and so i sat down beside him. "so zach, why did you come to prom with kay after she cheated on you?" i asked him "i u- um decided to give her a second chance" he said looking down. he was so bad at lying, how did i never notice before? you can see in his eyes he has no love for kay, the way he looks at her isn't the way you look at someone you're willing to give second chances to.

i put my hand on top of his and he looked me in the eyes "zach, i know you don't really love kay. i talked to daniel and he told me everything... you shouldn't be in a relationship where the person doesn't love you the way you should really be loved." i said with sympathetic eyes, and he smiled. "you're right y/ n, i need to break up with kay. i don't love her, i've never loved her, and i couldn't love her... because i-"

zach was interrupted by our principal up at the mic on stage "it's time to announce your prom king and queen!" he said enthusiastically. he held up two envelopes, and started to open one. "your 2019 prom queen is... kay cook!" he announced and everyone cheered, except zach and i. we just looked at eachother with a "of course" look on our faces.

he started opening the second envelope "and your 2019 prom king is... zach herron!" zach looked shocked, i knew he didn't want to get up and go dance with kay. he walked up and they placed his crown on his head, then him and kay walked out onto the dance floor and they played a slow song while the two danced.

i had never looked at zach in the way i was looking at him now... do i actually like zach? i felt jealous watching him up there with kay, i mean i knew he didn't want to be up there, but i still felt jealous seeing them together.

after prom daniel and i grabbed some mcdonalds and took it back to the why don't we house. the boys and i were all sitting around the bar in the kitchen, chewing down on our nuggets, then the front door opened it was zach "hey zach we got you and kay some nuggets too cause we figured you guys would want some after prom" daniel said. "i broke up with kay" he said "finally" he followed up with and then smiled at me.

"it's about time" jack mumbled and then corbyn hit him, which made everyone laugh. the rest of the night we ate, laughed, and then all watched a movie in the living room. i had changed into a hoodie and sweatpants jack let me borrow since we were around the same size... with us both being short haha.

i was sitting between zach and daniel, both such amazing guys who any girl would be the luckiest to date. they're both such amazing people and i could see myself dating either one... but what does my heart feel? i felt my eyes getting heavy so i closed them and snuggled into one of them, and then i fell asleep.