Prologue

One step heavier than the last, our bodies drenched in sweat, palms and wrists start to take color as we watched one thing – the ball. It was inches away from the ground as I breathe heavily to catch my breath.

Ah, is it over?

"Aiko Suichi managed to catch the ball! What a tremendous move! Will the girls of Karasuno take home the fifth set?! Or will Shiratorizawa once again beat these flightless crows?!"

My body stiffened as I heard the word, flightless. Everything came back to me, all of a sudden. The humiliation last time we played; those months filled with regret. After loathing myself to sleep every day, I trained harder and harder until I became satisfied.

I glanced at the people on the other side of the net. The smirk embedded on their faces, were gone when Aiko saved the ball, it means they did not expect that. It's not just me who wallowed in regret, we all did, but still, we're here. We came back, stronger than before and I'm not going to lose to make it all go waste.

"But Karasuno's in a pinch, their setter got the first touch, how will they going to escape this tragedy?!"

I glanced over my teammates as they gave me a nod, taking a few steps back for this strategy to work.

"One more!", our wing spiker, Yuri, positioned on the left side, shouted as she raised her right arm. I responded with a nod as she smirked.

"Attacking on the left again? these girls never learn. Oi! Let's teach these crows not to mess with Shiratorizawa again!"

"Yes captain!"

As the ball goes to my direction, I glanced at the left side on our court, three girls hurrying to make a three-person block as their captain is near the three girls, in case if Yuri went for a faint and their libero on the far-right side in case the ball wasn't blocked and went for a full-power spike.

They really thought of everything do they?

I made my body face the left side, ready to set the ball. I bended my knees to make a small jump as my fingers touch the ball. I can feel everyone's eyes on me, as if everything is on slow motion. My team mates ran up to the net to spike the ball and Shiratorizawa's smirks, this is too good to be true.

The loud cheers in the court were finally silenced by the sound of the ball, dropping to the ground, on Shiratorizawa's side.

Well, they didn't think of everything.

The girls on the other side of our net, stiffened like stone as the glanced on their free side, having no chance to save the ball whatsoever.

"U-Unbelievable! Karasuno's captain  did a setter dump! Gaining a point for Karasuno and ending the match with 19-21!"

I gripped on my jersey as I catch my breath, legs giving out and laid my body on the ground. I closed my eyes and savoring the feel of relief.

We won.

I opened my eyes and I heard heavy footsteps approaching me and the next thing I knew, I was at the bottom of the stack of Karasuno girls' sweating bodies.

"What the fuck you guys are so heavy!" I complained.

"But Mika-chaaan! We won!" Yuri exclaimed. They all looked at me with enthusiasm and smiled. I sighed and pinched Yuri's cheek.

"We're still on the court, girls. Show some decency, well, what's left of it." I scoffed. They groaned and one by one, they removed their bodies from the stack. I also got to stand and asked our manager for water bottles and towels for the team.

"Who cares? We won," Aiko pouted as she crossed her arms, trying to fight back her tears.

I walked up to her and placed my hand on her shoulder, and smiled, "Thanks for saving the last ball."

She smiled back and nodded as a way to say welcome.

I looked at all of my teammates, some were trying to hold back their tears, some are refreshing their selves with some water, and most of them are crying their eyes out.

The whistle comes in and we lined up. We bowed to our opponents and shook their hands. The last hand I was going to shake was their captain, Yushiko.

I glanced on her hand as she did the same. She sighed and looked at me, "That was a good match. Hope I can beat you again."

I just nodded and shook her hand as I saw a particular someone near the court's doors. I ran up to him as fast as I could. As soon as I got near him, he welcomed me with open arms a warm smile. I quickly hugged him tight.

"Congratulations Mika! You won!" He congratulated me as he carried me lightly.

"Thank you Daichi-nii", I smiled as he dropped me on the ground carefully. He chuckled but he stopped as if he remembered something.

"But I don't think it's a good thing. Are you really serious about it?" He asked.

"Yes, Daichi-nii, I should've done it years ago. But I'll tell them later, I don't like to spoil the mood," I said as I looked at my teammates celebrating, talking with our cheering schoolmates on the benches. 

It seems that they will not like it.

....

"Is it over?! Aish, we even ran all the way to get here!"

"It's your fault Flirtykawa! We would've made it if you just ignored them!"

"Eh? That would be rude Iwa-chan! They mustered up all their courage to get a picture with me, it would be rude to ignore them," the brown-haired man pouted.

"Whatever Trashykawa, but why would you want to go here? It's the girls' match."

"I know, but still, it's Shiratorizawa. It would make me feel better if they lost, even if it's the girl's team."

"Well, it seems they did."

"By who?"

"Karasuno, from what I heard from the crowd, their captain was really good."

"Karasuno? Never heard of them. Who's their captain?"

"Mikazuki Sawamura"

----

So, I did a bit of minor changes from the original story of Haikyuu, like Karasuno girls team and Shiratorizawa's, but (hopefully) I won't make any changes from here on out.