One

"Sir?" Oliver, my butler, calls into the pitch black room.
"Yes?" I ask, throwing a crumpled up shirt onto my iron. A small nightlight aluminates the room so I can see.
"Almost time for school." He says before flicking on the switch.
"Yeah, yeah. I know." I moan and he chuckles, making a small smile creep onto my face.

Scrambling out of our mansion, I ate a crisp red apple. It was nice outside, but chilly. It made me long for the coat I had neglected in my room. Too bad.

"Hey!!! Henry! Need a partner?" A black haired, green eyed boy asked me.
"No." I said swiftly. I don't need friends, all they ever do is disappoint me.
"Oh, come on. Just this once?"
I contemplate his offer. Once can't hurt, can it?
"Fine. Just once."
"Thanks. I'm Landon, by the way. We have a bunch of classes together." He says, while climbing up a big hill alongside me.
"So you're rich too?" I ask and he stops talking, before nodding quietly. I bet he doesn't like it, being rich, I mean.

We walked the rest of the way silently; although, Landon did ask me a couple of questions, and most I did not answer.
"Okay, so I'll see you around." Landon says as he walks in the opposite direction. He's nice, maybe the only person that deserves friends. As I head to my math class, my LA teacher waves me over, and I roll my eyes before heading towards her.
"Henry, I see that you're excelling almost every student in the school. How is that? Cheating, maybe?" Ms. Elizebeth, who doesn't like going by her last name, raises her eyebrows at me.
"Nope. Just really good at what I do." I smile coldly at her; Ms. Elizebeth likes me and hates me. It just depends on what mood she's in.
"Sure," she says, "now hurry on to your classes."
I roll my eyes once more before walking to class. This place is literally hell.

     When the final bell rings I gather my things and start for the door, but there's suddenly a hand on my arm. I turn around slowly, only to see Landon.
"Hey," I smile.
"Hey," he says, smiling back, "would you... maybe wanna... like... hang out sometime?" He asks and I hesitate. It's a bad idea. He'll pretend to like me, and then stab me in the back. Probably with my own knife, too. Maybe it'll be good for me though.
"Um... sure." I say before rushing away, out of the school, and back home.

"Oliver!!!" I slam the door after me.
"Yes, sir?" Oliver comes out of the kitchen as I start up the stairs.
"Call my parents. I want to talk to them."
"Yes, sir."