Two

"'Mom?" I say into the phone as Oliver leaves the room.
"Henry, it's been so long."
"I know. I know," I say, "I think I made a friend." I tell her.
"Henry, no. You know the rules," my mother says into the phone.
"Mom come on. He's not gonna hurt me," I say as I turn on the TV.
"That's not what she's worried about," my dad chimes in.
"I don't understand," I say, confused.
"Honey, I don't think you ever will," My mom says, and I'm suddenly filled with rage.
"I shouldn't have called you, have fun on you life long vacation!!! You abandoned me! You don't care about me so why should I listen to you!"
"Honey-" my mom starts to say, but I end the call, and then throw a pillow across the room.

"Sir?" Oliver calls from the kitchen, "is everything alright?"
"Yes, it's fine, I'm fine." I yell, picking up the pillow and setting it back where it was. Maybe they're right. Maybe I'm not good enough for Landon. He deserves so much more. I sigh and turn of the TV, opening up a book.

After about an hour or so, Oliver opens my door and takes the book from me, sticking a book mark in it and closing it.
"Hey!"
"There's someone here to see you," he says while placing the green hard covered book back on the shelf it came from.
"I'm not expecting anyone," I say, reaching for the book, but Oliver catches my wrist.
"It's your friend."
"Why didn't you say so?" I ask and he shrugs before walking back to his room. I contemplate wether I should invite him in, or just leave him outside. My parent's words ring in ears, should I see him? No. I can't.

Slowly, I walk down the stairs into the living room. I look outside, making sure Landon won't see me, and sure enough, there he is. He looks impatient; his hair is all rumpled up and he's changed from his uniform to nice, but comfy clothing.
"Henry!!!" I head him yell through the door, and knock three times. I sigh. Everything in my body tells me to open the door, say hi, and invite him in. I want to be his friend; I want him to be mine.

After awhile, he gives up and leaves. I sit down, a frown on my face. I should've let him in.
"Sir? Why didn't you let him in?" Oliver says as he comes down the stairs, taking a seat across from me.
"Something my parents said," I tell him and he chuckles.
"Of course... you know they're not here anymore right?"
"Yeah," I say, confused.
"And that means they left me in charge. I think, that it'll be good for you to have a friend for a change," he says before reaching for the remote. He turns on the tv and then looks back at me.
"Go after him," he says, "if you want to of course."

I get up, and hurry out the door. Hopefully, he didn't get far.