The Crime Family

My name is Reesa Hellen. A nerdy girl from a private school which is Elite High School. Everyone knew me as a nerdy and not-from-a-rich-family student. And as we all know, a nerdy girl would be bullied by some other students. So did I.

I had some experience being bullied. I did their homework, carried their bags, bought them food and of course, with my money. But I had never been touched by them. They never landed their hand on me. And I was grateful for that.

Without anyone knowing, I am a daughter of a dangerous family. An adopted daughter actually. My father, Mr. Francisco was one of the important members of a mafia group in this country. After my father passed away, the leader of the group, Mr. Hellen took me as his daughter.

But nobody knew about that. Nobody in this world knew that I am a daughter of a mafia family. Mr. Hellen asked me to pretend as if I am a nerdy girl to ensure my safety from Mr. Hellen's enemies. But, everything changed after that day.

It was a hot day for me. The sun was directly above me. As I walked through the hallway to my class, someone stopped me from walking. I look at her with my sharp eyes. The same girl who was bullying me in this school everyday and never missed a day, Sasha.

That day, she was not alone. There were four other girls behind her. Honestly, I had never been scared by them. Well, I am from a dark world. But I needed to stick to my character as a nerd girl. So, I needed to pretend that I was really scared of them. But not today. I was done with that character.

With a brave voice, I asked her, "What do you want, Sasha?" I looked at her with a poker face. She was startled with my braveness. I never fought her before this. She looked at her friends with a proud face as it was my first time asking her like that.

"Hey, nerdy. Never ask me what I want." She said to me before her hand pushed my left shoulder. I touched my shoulder and glared angrily at her. I clenched my fists in anger and gritted my teeth in irritation. I tried to control my anger that time.

"Hey, girls. What do you say if we touch this little girl? We never did that, right girls?" Sasha asked her friends loudly and all her friends cheered boisterously.

Other students who were walking pass by the hallway just looked at me with a guilty face and some of them looked at me with a smirk on their face. None of them wanted to help me. It was really okay for me because I had no friends and I did not even need their help. I could escape by myself without their help for sure. I shot an angry look at Sasha and her friends.

"Are you angry, Reesa Hellen? Oh, I realise something! You are from the Hellen family. But little do you know, Hellen's family is a dangerous family. And you? Just a weak person for me, Reesa Hellen." Sasha smirked at me.

I clenched both of my fists ready to punch her face. But then Mr. Hellen's voice came through my mind, "Do not ever start a fight. Give them a chance to make a first move and you can hurt them as much as you want. At least it is not your fault in that fight."

I took a deep breath and released it slowly. 'Patient, Reesa Hellen. You will win this game. Believe in yourself.' I mumbled to myself.

My eyes closed when Sasha brought her hand up to punch me on my face. Without any second, I felt a hit below my left eye. My spectacles torn from my eyes. I expected a rapid swelling, stinging pain, and loss of vision before everything backed to normal for some seconds.

There would be visible bruises that would last for a good week or more afterward. A heavy sigh came out from my mouth. Dad would kill me if he saw this little bruise. My new dad is such an overprotective father that I ever had in this world.

Before I had a chance to look at those girls, I got hit on my right cheek. My right ear rang and my lips started to feel hurt. My fingers touched the right side of my lips. Blood huh?

"Is this time for me to win the game?" I asked myself and looked at Sasha with a smirk on my face. Sasha and her friends laughed at my question. They will be paid back for the pain I went through, I thought to myself.

All the memories of being bullied started coming back. The more I remembered, the stronger I clenched my fists. I stroked back my black hair and wiped the blood on the edge of my lips with my hand. The more I thought of it, the angier I became.

I took my aggression out by punching Sasha on her jaw. My first move made Sasha knocked out. All of her friends caught her before Sasha fell to the ground. Pity her.

One of Sasha's friends, Jane looked at me with her eyes filled with anger. I could see she grinded her teeth in anger. I raised my eyebrows as if challenging her anger. Jane got up and stood in front of me. She saw me roll my eyes at her in disgust. That made her blood boil.

Her right hand went up, gripping my beautiful face. I grabbed her hand and gripped it hard until her hand released my face. "How dare you to touch my face?" With that question my hand wanted to give her a punch too. My hand stopped immediately right in front of her face when I heard my name being called by someone.

Oh, Mrs. Venicy, our school principal. I pushed Jane away and walked lazily to the principal room. Some eyes stared at me in wonder after what had happened to Sasha and her friends, I ignored.

I looked at Sasha and her friends with their parents when I felt like someone was staring at me. I rolled my eyes annoyingly. My eyes looked at Mrs. Venicy and she shook her head in disbelief.

A few seconds later, we heard a knock on the door before the door opened and there was Mr. Hellen walking in with a red face. His eyes widened as he saw my face filled with some bruises. He dragged his feet rushingly towards me and directly kneed in front of me.

His hand touched my face carefully. I chuckled at his worried face. I grabbed his hand and said, "I'm okay, daddy. You should ask that girl. I punched her on her jaw. She knocked out after that." I grinned innocently at my father and shook my finger at Sasha. Mr. Hellen looked at Sasha and her friends before turning his head back to me.

"Who started the fight?"

I smirked with his question and told him the truth. He got up before wiped my head gently and said, "That's my girl."

Mr. Hellen walked towards the principal table and said something that made my life completely changed. "Mrs. Venicy, you already know who I am, so you should know what to do. Oh, and I want to bring my daughter back to my house. Today she will not go to school. And of course, It is under my command. Come, sweetheart."

With that, I could see all of them stood there, mouth hanging open. I smirked at Sasha and her friends while walking to my father and left the room. Before it was completely closed, I looked at Sasha and said, "I won, Sasha. Don't underestimate me because you can't run if you have touched the family."