FINAL CHAPTER

Li Qin settled on the couch and looked to Zhan

“Think you’ll have time for a bout or two at Petite Cat Cafe tomorrow afternoon?” Then she asked Yibo,

“Do you like to pet some cats?”

“I indulge Mr. Xiao Zhan on occasion or as long as we have free time.”

Even though Li Qin referred to Zhan by his name, Yibo shied away from following Li Qin's informality. He only called his lover Zhan when it was the two of them, and doing so before Li Qin would feel much too…intimate.

While they were under this roof, he needed to treat Zhan like a friend. A good friend, but nothing more.

“Watch his punches,”

Li Qin said, lowering his voice. He cast a quick glance to Zhan, all mock seriousness.

“He has a habit of sneaking it in when you least expect it, and you next find yourself laid out on the floor.”

“Much obliged for the advice.”

As if Zhan had ever or would ever strike Yibo hard enough to cause him to stagger back even a half-step. He would only punch Yibo or pinch him during tease time or after telling him some bad jokes.

“So what say you, Zhan? Petite Cat Cafe tomorrow? You could show Mr. Wang the place while he had free time and I could make an attempt to best you.”

To Yibo’s surprise, Zhan shook his head.

“We only had day offs for a couple of days, and I need to see my PA tomorrow. "

It was on the tip of Yibo’s tongue to tell Zhan they could extend their day offs.

Petting cats was Zhan’s favorite past time.

He loved to caress them and play with them. Yibo didn’t want Zhan to refuse because of him, and he had strong suspicion his lover had refused for that exact reason.

As Yibo went to open his mouth, Zhan caught his eye. His lover did not say a word, but he didn’t need to.

Yibo heard his reassure as if he had spoken. Just to confirm, Yibo looked but he couldn’t detect even a trace of regret in the dark brown depths of Zhan’s eyes.

“Ah well.”

Li Qin shrugged, a bit of genuine disappointment on his friendly face.

“What a shame.”

Zhan took a sip of his champagne.

“I find it an improvement.”

Li Qin laughed.

“Of course you would, you bastard.”

There was a light tap a second before the study door opened revealing a tall man that looks like on his late thirties.