Chapter 2

Jisoo hurried back to her classroom to grab her things but as she tried opening the door to her class, it was locked. She peeked at the window to see whether there were still people inside but there wasn’t. Her things were still there on her table. She head towards the office and asked the clerk inside to have the keys of her classroom.

The clerk gave her an annoying look since Jisoo was probably interrupting her.

“Why do you want it?” The clerk asked, her tone made it clear to Jisoo that she was annoyed.

“Ummm, I left my things inside and I think my classmates accidentally locked the door when they left the classroom.” Jisoo bit her bottom lip.

The clerk opened her drawer and handed Jisoo the key, “Make sure to hand it back to me or else you’ll be in trouble.”

Jisoo thanked the clerk and bowed at her as she left. The clerk just shook her head at her and continued what she was doing.

Jisoo quickly unlocked her classroom door and went to her seat to grab her things. She stopped on her tracks when she saw her notebook with scribbles on it. She went to her table and grabbed her notebook to read the scribbles on it. Pathetic. Get lost. You don’t belong here. Psycho. Lunatic. Go die.

She stopped reading and quickly closed her notebook. She grabbed her backpack from her chair and shoved her notebook inside. She could feel her phone vibrating in her pocket. She took it out and saw that her aunt was calling. She cursed under her breath and quickly left the classroom.

“Yah! Where have you been?” Her aunt asked as soon as Jisoo stepped foot into the restaurant.

“I was in school. I had something important to do. Sorry.” She lied and quickly went to the counter to place her backpack down.

“Don’t you give me that lame excuse! You’re late for an hour! I’m going to reduce 10,000 won from your allowance next week.” Her aunt said and was about to leave when Jisoo stopped her.

“Imo! Just let this one slide, please?” Jisoo begged.

“Yah! This rotten child! I told you not to call me that! I told you to call me Mi Rae! People will think that I’m already an old lady.” Her aunt growled at her.

“They already think that I have a psycho niece.” She whispered.

“You need to deliver something after you close the shop. The order and the address is written in the post it that I left by the phone.”

“Where are you going?” Jisoo asked as she saw her aunt leaving.

“None of your business.” Her aunt glared as she grabbed her bag from one the tables and left.

Jisoo noticed her aunt’s outfit and sighed. “Don’t tell me she’s going out to drink again?”

Jisoo went to the kitchen and washed the dishes left in the sink. Then, she changed the sign of the door from closed to open. She started wiping the tables and fixed the chairs. Her first customers came and she realized that it was going to be a long night.

Jisoo bit her bottom lip as she drove with her scooter to the place where she had to deliver. She kept on asking herself what to do when she arrives and what to say. She tried to think what would happen as soon as she rings their doorbell.

It seemed like just minutes of driving when she finally found herself on the front door. She gulped down and encouraged herself, “You can do this Kim Jisoo.”

She looked in front of the house, and gathered up her strength to ring the doorbell.

Please don’t let it be him. Please don’t. She begged with her eyes closed.