Chapter 6

Kelechi

I woke up feeling very comfy and warm. Something that rarely happened especially since my mom
died.

The scent and warmth was alluring. I did not want to wake up. Maybe later. Not yet, this felt good.

That feeling ended when I felt a hand stroke my hair gently. My eyes quickly opened. What I saw washed away the sleep.

I was so shocked, my body moved on autopilot immediately.

"ahhh!" I screamed before pushing him off the bed. With my heart racing, I clutched my white pillow to my chest even though I was not naked. White pillow? I have never owned anything white for obvious reasons.

I can not maintain it!

" Ughh! You're more violent when you're awake." My idiot of a cousin said as he tried massaging his back.

" What are you doing in my bed?" I yelled at him. I know he is family but he is a guy. And I don't like having guys this close to me, alone, in my room!

" In your bed?" he scoffed before saying " check again Kelly."

It was then I noticed I was not in my bed, not in my grandma's, not even in my dad's. It was... Ben's!

No no no! Please don't tell me I....

" Yeah. You sleepwalked to my room" he must have guessed my thoughts when he saw the horrified expression I had on my face.

" I don't sleepwalk." I said stubbornly. I know I did but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of admitting.

The thing was... I started sleepwalking after he relocated to UK. I would always find myself in his room in the morning whenever I stayed at grandma's house. I guess I missed him that much.

But now he was here, I did not understand how I ever missed him.

He took off his T-shirt. Showing off his drool - worthy body. Instead of finding my way out, what do you think I did? I sat down rooted to the bed, staring at his body. What broke the trance was the cocky smirk on his face.

Trust me. When a guy is cute and he does not know, that is very adorable. But when he looks good and he knows, that is the spelling of danger.

"Have you seen my biceps?" he asked shamelessly while raising his right arm. "It looks good, right? Took me a month to get it in shape."

A normal girl would probably blush and run out of the room embarrassed. Even avoid the guy for days. But my dear, I got irritated the moment he had that cocky smirk on his face, instead of being shy since I was caught staring.

If he was not my cousin, I would have taken it as a challenge. Make him know he was not the only one attractive.

I had it all planned in my head:

My black eyes looking at his green ones as I made deliberate slow steps towards him. Knowing his eyes followed my every movement, I would bring a finger to my lips and lazily dragged it to my chest.

Sometimes, I might be shy around guys. Sometimes, I developed a little bit of confidence. But in my mind, I planned to be confident. Whenever I felt challenged, every trace of uncertainty evaporates.

When I finally stood a few inches In front of him, close enough to notice my head could barely reach his shoulder.

I would place a hand on that arm he was so boastful of and tip toe towards him like I was going to kiss him but pass his lips and go for his ear.

Just tease him.

That was if he was not family.

Luckily for him, he was family. Instead of that unrealistic plan, I did what I was best at.