ELEVEN

"But of all the stupid things you could have done---"

"I don't want to talk about it, Dean!" I yelled at him.

"You were safe! We knew where you were! We didn't have to worry!"

"I wanted to be hunting! Since you weren't coming back, I found a way to continue hunting! Why is that so hard for you to understand?!"

"You were young! You had your whole life to live! Hunting isn't a life!"

"Yes it is! Look at you and Sammy!"

"Sammy and I had a crap childhood and a crap life! You were supposed to have something better!"

"Then maybe you shouldn't have taken me in!"

Dean stood there, stunned into silence by my words. I set my jaw, turning on my heel and storming from the room. I didn't know how Dean and I had ended up getting into a fight. He had wanted to talk and catch up, but somehow when my time at Jody's was brought up, it quickly turned into an argument. He didn't understand how I could just go off by myself. After having to relive getting dropped off night after night for years, I just didn't want to talk about or deal with it. Part of me regretted some of the things I had said, but I wasn't going to apologize, especially so soon after storming out.

When I reached my room, I pulled out my journal to give another update. A few minutes later, a knock sounded at my door.

"Go away, Dean."

The door opened and Jack entered. He closed the door before walking closer to the bed.

"Mind if I sit?"

"Do what you want," I mumbled, continuing to write.

"When was the last time you two fought like that?"

"Never..."

"Seriously?"

I looked up from the pages of the journal to stare into his eyes.

"Yeah... Dean practically spoiled me as much as he could before he had to leave me behind. I swear I was one of the best things that happened to him. He loved having a little sister to look after."

Jack smiled at my words.

"Is there something else bothering you?" he asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I doubt that fight was just about you running away all those years ago..."

I bit my lip, considering the accusation. It was true since Dean said yes to Michael and then basically decided to give up when he locked Michael away in his head, I had been on edge around him. I was scared the door in Dean's mind would give at any time and we'd have to deal with Michael all over again. However, I seriously doubted that that affected the argument I had just had with Dean over my running away.

"No, nothing else is bothering me," I lied.

"Are you sure?" Jack pressed.

"Yes, Jack, I'm sure," I insisted.

Jack studied my face, worry lines forming as his brow creased. I could tell he knew I was holding back, but I really didn't want to talk about what was going on in my head.

"Listen, we're all heading out on a hunt... Did you want to---"

"I'll stay here."

Jack nodded, getting up from my bed and heading toward the door.

"I'm sure it will be fine, Angie. He'll forgive you."

I didn't respond and he left the room.

------