𝐈𝐈𝐈 | brooklyn hq

______________

______________

ʙʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ ʜǫ.
______________

"𝔸𝕃ℝ𝕀𝔾ℍ𝕋 Red, be honest here, you have got to tell me where you learned those sick moves!" Casey exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air and striking an odd rock pose after.

It had been about two weeks since I first introduced myself to April O'Neil. Things had gone far better than I expected, she became the missing piece to myself and Casey's picture. Our third musketeer. Our third stooge. The dressing to our sandwich.

All weird metaphors aside, the three of us were inseperable.

Even so, it became apparent early on that April was hiding something big. And it was something far bigger than my amnesia or any normal issue—no, this had to do with the fact that she had been able to take down a fully grown mugger with her Tessen.

The Tessen itself was another issue. I mean why was she even carrying around a weapon?

Actually, I cannot speak seeing as I carry around a taser courtesy of my mother. However, this was no normal weapon for protection that April was carrying, this was some full-on wack ninja shit.

Well, Casey and I officially wanted answers. The curiosity was now too great. And so, that was how we ended up sitting in the front yard of the school after hours, all of us under a large cherry tree.

It was slightly windy causing my loose hair to ruffle, the noise of the city almost peaceful in the background to our conversation. The days, just as I had previously guessed, had taken on a chilly turn.

While it was not so cold it was unbearable to be outside, it was definitely too chilly to be wearing shorts. Or at least, in my opinion, it was. April still wore her denim shorts, the redhead seeming immune to the cold breeze.

"Yeah, O'Neil," I pushed a stray strand of brown hair behind my ear, "what's the deal?"

April seemed almost nervous, but she smiled anyway. She playfully nudged her shoulder with mine before shrugging.

"Oh, I just kind of picked it up—"

We cut her off with groans.

"C' mon, we're not going to buy that shit!"

"Yeah, what's the real reason?"

April paused, her face contorting with an odd look, as though she were thinking. She appeared to be torn for a second before her shoulders slumped and she gave in to whatever mental debate she was having with herself.